EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2018: The finalists of the 21st edition of the popular competition represent a diverse group
- Finalists of the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2018 competition have been selected
- 18 of the 46 nominees have a good chance of winning
- Winners to be announced at the anniversary gala on 26 October 2018 in Baden
ZURICH, 18 SEPTEMBER 2018 – EY presents the finalists of the 21st edition of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year competition in Switzerland. 46 personalities from Swiss companies operating nationally and abroad entered the competition in 2018. The independent jury has chosen 18 finalists, five of whom are women and three from Western Switzerland. As usual, the competition for the coveted award is divided into four categories.
- Philipp Gregor Man, Chronext AG, Zug, luxury goods and jewellery, 113 employees
- Christina Mair, Kristina Rebsamen, Caroline Staehelin, Globegarden GmbH, Zurich, childcare, 600 employees
- Stefan Mühlemann, Loanboox, Zurich, Fintech, 30 employees
- Dr. Nicolas Durand, Abionic SA, Epalinges, medical technology, 15 employees
- Emanuel and Daniela Steiner, FELFEL AG, Zurich, food/beverages, 44 employees
- Dr. Yann Tissot, L.E.S.S. SA, Renens, lighting technology, 12 employees
- Jonathan Brossard, Fischer Connectors SA, Saint-Prex, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, 460 employees
- Jan Schibli, Hans K. Schibli AG, Zurich, electrical engineering and building services, 500 employees
- George, Roger, Corinne and Kuratle, Kuratle Group AG, Leibstadt, construction materials, 500 employees
Industry / High-Tech / Life Sciences:
- Romeo Corvaglia, Corvaglia Holding AG, Eschlikon, packaging industry, 275 employees
- Dr. Christian Brönnimann, Dectris AG, Baden-Dättwil, electrical and electronics manufacturing, 100 employees
- Carlo R. Centonze, HeiQ Materials AG, Schlieren, chemicals, 75 employees
All the listed employee numbers are taken from the year 2017.
All the finalists have achieved extraordinary things. Besides their entrepreneurial track record, their dedication within and outside their companies is impressive. In the coming weeks, the jury will select the prize winners from this illustrious circle. The announcement of the winners, the award ceremony and the associated gala will take place on 26 October 2018 in Baden. TRAFO offers the ideal setting for the varied selection of first-class Swiss companies.
A nine-member jury is responsible for the evaluation of the finalists and the awarding of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards. They will examine the praiseworthy candidates autonomously and independently of EY. The 2018 jury consists of Dr. Adrienne Corboud Fumagalli (CEO Deeption SA), Claude R. Cornaz (Chairman of the Board of Vetropack Holding AG, Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012), Dr. Paul J. Hälg (CEO Dätwyler AG, Chairman of the Board of Sika AG), Dr. Sara and Christoph Hürlimann (founders of zahnarztzentrum.ch AG, Entrepreneur Of The Year 2010), Dr. Jan Lichtenberg (CEO InSphero AG, Entrepreneur Of The Year 2015), Simon Michel (CEO Ypsomed AG), Dr. Edouard Pfister (Entrepreneur) and Prof. Dr. Thomas Zellweger (Director of the Center for Family Business at the University of St. Gallen HSG).
A world-class award
Worldwide, EY’s Entrepreneur Of The Year programme is the only of its kind. It began its trail of success in the USA in 1986, and has since established itself in over 70 countries. Besides the competition, the programme also includes various opportunities for entrepreneurs to develop their network and share the benefits of their experience. Each year the competition celebrates worthy prizewinners in some 150 cities around the world. In total, more than 10,000 entrepreneurs apply for the title EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™. In the early summer of the following year, an independent jury, made up of all the country winners, selects the next EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™. This makes EY the only organization with an entrepreneurs’ competition on a global scale. Switzerland is being represented in 2018 by Thomas Hanan, Webrepublic AG.
EY's Entrepreneur Of The Year programme is supported in Switzerland by programme partners Credit Suisse as well as AMAG, H. Moser & Cie. watch manufacturers, Die Mobiliar and SWISS. 2018 marks the competition's 21st anniversary. In the run-up to the event on 26 October 2018, EY will offer interested entrepreneurs a tailor-made workshop programme “From Entrepreneur to Entrepreneur”.
- News release (151 KB)
About the global EY organization
The global EY organization is a leader in assurance, tax, transaction, legal and advisory services. We leverage our experience, knowledge and services to help build trust and confidence in the financial markets and in economies all over the world. We are ideally equipped for this task – with well-trained employees, strong teams, excellent services and outstanding client relations. Our global mission is to drive progress and make a difference by building a better working world – for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
The global EY organization refers to all member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited (EYG). Each EYG member firm is a separate legal entity and has no liability for another such entity’s acts or omissions. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information, please visit www.ey.com.
EY’s organization is represented in Switzerland by Ernst & Young Ltd, Basel, with ten offices across Switzerland, and in Liechtenstein by Ernst & Young AG, Vaduz. In this publication, “EY” and “we” refer to Ernst & Young Ltd, Basel, a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.