- About Our Global Tax Services
- Country Tax Advisory
- Corporate Services
- Cross Border Tax Advisory
- Global Trade
- Global Compliance and Reporting
- People Advisory Services
- Private Client Services
- Tax Accounting
- Tax Performance Advisory
- Tax Policy and Controversy
- Transaction Tax
- Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness
- VAT, GST and Other Sales Taxes
Hong Kong Tax Controversy Insight
Hong Kong Tax Controversy Insight provides a practical perspective on the tax controversy environment and procedures in Hong Kong. It is designed to introduce readers what tax controversy involves and stay connected with the latest Hong Kong tax controversy development and trends.
- Hong Kong Tax Controversy Insight - 20 November 2018 (2018 Issue No. 4)
Common tax issues under tax field audit and investigation – source of profits
In this issue of the Tax Controversy Insight, we will share and discuss some practical approaches in handling the source of profits issue.
- Hong Kong Tax Controversy Insight - 24 October 2017 (2017 Issue No. 3)
Common issues under tax audit
This issue of the Tax Controversy Insight will explore the challenges commonly raised by the Inland Revenue Department when it comes to tax audit.
- Hong Kong Tax Controversy Insight - 26 June 2017 (2017 Issue No. 2)
Hong Kong tax field audit process and procedures
In this issue of the Tax Controversy Insight, we will discuss and provide some insights on the typical procedures undertaken by the Inland Revenue Department during a tax audit.
- Hong Kong Tax Controversy Insight - 21 February 2017 (2017 Issue No. 1)
Am I under the Inland Revenue Department’s (IRD) radar for tax audit?
In this issue, we will be providing some insights on the case selection process of the IRD and factors that are likely to trigger a tax audit by the IRD. We will also be discussing some of the readily available information in your financial statements, tax filings or the media that may prompt the IRD to conduct further investigation.