In this webcast, EY-Parthenon professionals and a leading corporate strategist discuss how businesses must shift their vision of long-term value in response to changing consumer behaviors and expectations around sustainability.
The Let’s Talk Strategy webcast series explores the issues in the real world, with real voices and perspectives.
The COVID-19 pandemic has been one of a number of macro events that has forced a significant change in expectations for both consumer and supplier of goods and services. To discuss its impact on business strategy, EY professionals will be joined by Dr. Christoph Schulte, Otto Group Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Development.
Christoph joined Otto Group from Amazon, where he was responsible for the "Fulfilment By Amazon" business in Germany. His mandate is to drive the digital transformation of Otto Group – a global retail and services company with around 52,000 employees in 30 major company groups across 30 countries across Europe, North and South America, and Asia.
Join this webcast to hear:
- What are the lasting effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on consumer behavior and how this affects business strategy
- What purpose-driven developments are likely in retail and e-commerce over the next three to five years
- The importance of sustainability in driving business strategy
Coming out from the COVID-19 pandemic presents an opportunity for business leaders to push toward capturing emerging growth opportunities and strengthening their competitive position. But it takes more than just a clearly defined strategy; it requires the courage to reframe the whole enterprise with clear ambitions on sustainable long-term value.
- Andreas von Buchwaldt, EMEIA EY-Parthenon Strategy Leader
- Chehab Wahby, EY-Parthenon EMEIA Consumer Leader
- Kerstin Lehmann, Partner, Retail, EY-Parthenon GmbH
- Dr. Christoph Schulte, Group Vice Chair Corporate Development and Strategy, Otto Group