Transforming the university business model
To seize the upside of disruption, universities must take risks and invest in a disruption agenda, even as they continue to focus on initiatives that will keep them competitive in the near to medium term. Leading universities through transformative change is challenging. But the forces driving change in the sector are powerful and the coming paradigm shift will be profound.
Universities should consider the potential to:
- Embark on double transformation to optimise and grow
- Make the shift from being faculty-focussed to learner-centric
- Integrate with industry to collaborate
- Re-imagine the physical campus for the digital world
- Unbundle degree programs and the university value chain.
Can your university lead learning for tomorrow?
EY works with governments, public and private educational institutions and business groups to provide leading policy and practical advice. Download the full report or contact us to help diagnose the readiness of your university to contend with disruption by 2030.