For clients and staff of the Brisbane office, please be advised the individual mentioned below has tested negative for novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
The EY Brisbane office will be open as normal on Monday, 16 March 2020. As an extra precaution, we have completed a sanitation clean of the office.
Thursday 12 March 2020: There has been a suspected case of COVID-19 reported today in EY’s Brisbane office. Our priority is the health and wellbeing of the individual, along with our EY people, clients and community.
We have been in contact with everyone who has been in close contact with the individual and as a precaution we have asked them to self-isolate until test results are received. For now it is business as usual with no change to scheduled client meetings in the building however we continue to be proactive in our response to the COVID-19 outbreak and we will let you know if any further response is required.
We have enacted our business continuity plan to ensure we continue to deliver our exceptional client service. With regards to COVID-19, EY has put several precautionary measures in place to enhance the safety and wellbeing of our people, clients and communities including:
- Restricted travel to affected countries.
- Requested EY people who have recently returned from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Japan, Iran and Italy to put themselves in self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Limited attendance at events.
- Asked employees who have a fever or display flu-like symptoms to remain at home, consult a doctor, inform their line manager and keep them updated.
- Advised employees to consult the coronavirus prevention advice of the World Health Organization (WHO) on its website: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advicefor-public.
We thank you for your support during this unprecedented time.