In this webcast, EY professionals across the globe explore the outcomes of COP26 and how it can be translated into business action and impact.
COP26 is a pivotal moment in the fight against climate change. No single country, organization or industry can solve the climate crisis alone, and collaboration will be vital. And financial service organizations have a key role to play in the global response to climate change.
There won’t be a sustainable future without sustainable finance. It will require trillion-dollar growth in the market for sustainable lending, investment and insurance. Meeting this demand is not just a moral responsibility for the finance industry, but also a historic business opportunity.
The webcast will look at commitments made at COP26 and where the focus needs to be now to protect and create new sources of value - from credible decarbonization plans and financing the transition for different types of industries, to mobilizing capital and protecting biodiversity.
Among the topics we’ll cover are:
- How can the outcomes of COP accelerate sustainable finance?
- The role of financial services on the path to net-zero post-COP26, from commitment to practical steps
- The importance of backing up plans and progress with credible disclosures
- Gill Lofts, EY Global Sustainable Finance Leader
- Lucian Peppelenbos, Climate Strategist, Robeco
- Kim-See Lim, Regional Director, East Asia & the Pacific, IFC
- Judy Li, EY Asia-Pacific Sustainable Finance Leader
- Emma Herd, Climate Change and Sustainability Partner, EY Oceania