The EY Alumni Network has an active membership of over 200,000 people, providing access to alumni doing exceptional work in business, government, academia and communities.
According to EY alumna and COO of HighGround, Anjoo Rai-Merchant, people continue supporting you even after you leave. The EY Alumni Network makes it easier to stay connected, network and foster relationships with people.
Carrie Tucker, CFO, Weybourne Limited looks to the EY alumni network for help or advice: “The contacts I made at EY just open up doors globally and everybody who is connected to EY is happy and willing to help.”
Based on the experiences we’ve had with the EY Alumni Network, and speaking to alumni about what’s important to them, here are some pointers on how to develop meaningful alumni relationships:
How organizations can build effective alumni networks:
- Give your alumni a reason to stay connected, through hosting events or keeping them up-to-date with the latest business trends and firm updates.
- Celebrate and promote alumni relationships within your organization; your employees are your greatest advocates to keep networks going.
- Provide your alumni with the opportunity to connect with each other, whether this is through an online platform or a social media channels.
How individuals can develop and maintain networks
- Keep in touch with former colleagues and business contacts on a regular basis, even if it’s a social visit not a business meeting.
- Understand that your network relationships will change over time. According to John Crampton, “The trick to it is understanding that it’s not an event, it’s not a transaction, it’s a long-term process relationship.”
- Attend events from your previous organizations or business contacts to develop relationships and meet new people.
Power of the EY Alumni Network
Better working is not limited just to what or who you know today, but who you meet and the experiences they share. The EY Alumni Network will give you access to an exclusive global network of people and experiences you need to know as part of your professional journey.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. EY alumni, connect now.