In this webcast, panelists discuss the different steps that will help state and local governments recover costs during the pandemic.
There may be multiple avenues of potential financial recovery through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA); Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act; insurance, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and other granting agencies.
It is crucial to start tracking costs now at a level of detail that can be analyzed for recovery later — costs may be eligible starting from 20 January 2020.
Join us on this webcast wherein EY practice leaders will cover:
- Steps to consider now for cost recovery
- CARES Act and FEMA funding - understanding new guidelines and eligibility
- Challenges, leading practices, risks and solutions for state and local governments
The Ernst & Young LLP panel
- Brad Duncan, Principal, EY US Government Public Sector State, Local & Education Leader
- Allen Melton, Partner, EY Americas Insurance & Federal Claims Services Leader
- Matt Jadacki, Executive Director, EY Insurance & Federal Claims Services and former Chief Financial Officer, FEMA, and former Deputy Inspector General, Department of Homeland Security
- Reena Panchal, Principal, EY Insurance & Federal Claims Services
- Branch Strickland, Manager, EY Insurance & Federal Claims Services and former Executive Director of Finance, NYC Emergency Management