In this webcast, panelists will discuss mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the wake of COVID-19, the role of corporate development in a crisis and the US bankruptcy code Section 363 sale process.
New M&A has slowed dramatically during the COVID-19 crisis, but C-suite and M&A executives should be thinking about their next strategic acquisitions to create long-term value for shareholders. At the same time, private equity firms should consider when and where to allocate dry powder.
This webcast will provide an overview of M&A performance in the last major economic downturn, the 2008 global financial crisis, and provide a deep dive on buying distressed assets, including Section 363 of the US bankruptcy code.
In particular, we will cover:
- M&A deal value in a downturn
- Remotely conducting M&A deal due diligence
- Overview of Section 363 of the US bankruptcy code and the distressed asset sale process
- The role of corporate development and PE deal teams in a crisis and M&A considerations
- Brian Salsberg, EY Global Buy & Integrate Leader
- Ryan Butman, Partner, Strategy and Transactions, Ernst & Young LLP
- Dominic Iannazzo, Partner, Strategy and Transactions, Ernst & Young LLP
- Brian Fenley, Partner, Strategy and Transactions, Ernst & Young LLP
- Arda Ural, US Life Sciences Leader, Strategy and Transactions, Ernst & Young LLP