- Pointellis serves parties involved in individualized cancer therapy, from patients to providers and manufacturers
- New solution supports a digital ecosphere and the timely flow of information and materials along the value chain
EY announces the launch of Pointellis, a new solution that supports the provision of individualized therapies that target each cancer patient’s specific treatment needs.
The new EY solution is a fully connected data infrastructure that facilitates handoffs of information between unaffiliated entities such as hospitals, laboratories and logistics centers.
By maintaining the chain of custody and identity from when a patient’s tissue and blood samples are first obtained, through to treatment administration and long-term monitoring, Pointellis helps cancer patients get their individual treatment in a faster and more secure way. Built on Microsoft Azure, using cross-platform open source frameworks, the solution helps enable a full digital ecosphere that services parties involved in individualized cancer therapy.
With the number of new cancer cases per year expected to exceed 23 million worldwide by 2030, cancer remains one of the world’s most pressing health care challenges due to the costs involved for health care providers and drug manufacturers. This problem will be exacerbated by an aging and growing population worldwide with more patients with cancer seeking treatment in the future.
A digital ecosphere
Bringing together deep analytics knowledge from EY teams with Microsoft technology, Pointellis helps enable the six core function areas of a digital ecosphere. It expedites the timely flow of information and materials along the end-to-end value chain, helping patients to receive the care they need.
The six core functions are:
- Biometric chain of identity/custody, to track and trace biopsy tissue and blood samples from point of care when the patient first enters the system, all the way through medicine administration1.
- Supply chain, to allow for enrolment, scheduling, demand and capacity planning as well as coordination of logistics and delivery.
- Patient engagement, to share appropriate information and keep the patient engaged through the waiting process as well as provide disease management information.
- Care management, to provide oncologists and health care providers who treat and support critically ill patients with up-to-date information and decision support based on the wealth of data captured through the platform.
- Health outcomes, to measure more accurately and allow providers, health systems, payers and manufacturers to adapt treatment and improve clinical benefit.
- Funds allotment, to manage the complexities of paying all who are involved with the treatment of a patient.
EY Pointellis Solution (in Greek)
For more information, please contact the EY Cyprus
Contact number: +357 22209999
Notes to Editors
EY | Assurance | Tax | Transactions | Advisory
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.