Companies that act with integrity, manage risks, and investigate misconduct have a business advantage. EY teams of investigators, forensic accountants, compliance and technology professionals can help companies respond rapidly to instances of alleged fraud, bribery and other misconduct.
What EY can do for you
EY teams of investigators, forensic accountants, compliance specialists and technology professionals can help companies respond rapidly to instances of alleged fraud, bribery and other misconduct, as well as provide support throughout any subsequent regulatory, civil or criminal proceedings.
Using advanced forensic technologies and data visualization tools, EY teams gather facts and quickly identify relevant evidence to help mitigate potential damage caused by impropriety, including potentially corrupt payments, by newly acquired businesses or joint venture partners.
EY professionals support legal counsel by analyzing varying data sources to uncover links, patterns and anomalies, and present findings in legal proceedings.
EY investigations can help you:
- Rapidly investigate allegations of wrongdoing in your business: EY’s global operating model delivers a proven and rigorous investigations methodology. Working across multiple jurisdictions, this consistent approach uncovers the facts designed to withstand legal scrutiny.
- Efficiently satisfy regulators’ demands for information: Harnessing the skills of forensic technology professionals, EY teams have extensive experience in handling regulatory investigations and work closely with you and your external legal counsel to capture, process and analyze electronically stored information to meet the challenging requests of regulators.
- Prepare to litigate in response to issues identified: Developing investigative findings and determining the extent of losses, EY teams work closely with your external legal counsel. As your case strategy evolves, EY teams can provide expert witness support in subsequent litigation to deliver a robust independent view of the damages.
- Demonstrate to stakeholders that actions have been taken to mitigate future risks of improper conduct: Identifying the causes of impropriety, and advising on pragmatic ways to strengthen your anti-fraud and anti-bribery controls, EY teams advise many of the world’s leading companies on the development of their internal investigation capabilities so they are better able to respond to future incidents of improper conduct with consistency and transparency.
- Understand and manage the extent to which acquisition targets might expose your business to bribery and corruption risks: Whether there are concerns regarding a business partner or with specific transactions in an entity’s books and records, EY teams can use their experience in bribery and corruption to help you establish the extent of the risk and its potential impact.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Contact us to learn more.