Climate change and energy
Our pragmatic business approach helps clients to respond to the physical risks of climate change, as well as to operate in new markets and regulatory environments related to carbon and renewable energy.
What EY can do for you
In today’s environment, businesses can no longer ignore the physical, market and regulatory impacts of climate change. There is a global trend for organizations to seek to respond to the risks and opportunities related to these impacts, as well as an increasing expectation of transparency from both regulated and non-regulated reporting.
Our services are designed to help clients:
- Address opportunities
- Manage risks
- Reduce costs
- Increase operational and performance effectiveness
Our teams bring together professionals with experience in engineering, science, business, finance and operations coupled with a deep understanding of specific policy and regulatory instruments. In addition to helping clients respond to regulatory and market drivers, as well as to the impact of climate change on infrastructure and supply chains, our teams can help clients benefit from opportunities related to new carbon markets and renewable energy market drivers. The services we offer include:
- Providing strategy advice related to climate change, carbon markets and renewable energy
- Advising on setting climate change related KPIs and targets
- Helping clients calculate the potential impacts of carbon markets on asset valuations, including carbon credits
- Developing or assessing energy optimization strategies and programs
- Undertaking feasibility analysis of renewable energy or carbon abatement strategies
- Building or assessing marginal abatement cost curves
- Conducting energy monitoring and assessments
- Assessing greenhouse gas emissions of products or services
- Undertaking climate risk and vulnerability assessments
- Developing adaptation strategies and processes
- Conducting climate change and renewable energy policy and program assessments for the public and private sectors
- Advising on development of green bonds, including bond criteria and structure
- Drafting or advising on management systems for greenhouse gas and energy inventories
Wherever you are in the process, we can help you identify competitive advantages, find operational efficiencies and lower your climate change risks.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.