EY Attractiveness surveys are widely recognized as a key source of insight into foreign direct investment (FDI).
About the EY Attractiveness program
By examining the attractiveness of a particular region or country as an investment destination, the EY Attractiveness surveys are designed to help businesses make investment decisions and governments remove barriers to growth.
A two-step methodology analyzes both the reality and perception of FDI in the country or region. Findings are based on the views of representative panels of international and local opinion leaders and decision-makers.
The program has a 21-year legacy and has produced in-depth studies for Europe, a large number of European countries, Africa, the Mediterranean region, India, Japan, South America, Turkey and Kazakhstan.
Additional geographic perspectives
One of the key drivers of growth is a country or region’s ability to attract investment. EY’s unique collection of country and region reports provide companies and governments with reliable insight to shape economically sound strategy and policy decisions to drive growth and investment.
Find out how countries and regions are benchmarking their investment attractiveness in the following reports:
- Europe Attractiveness: June 2023 | May 2023 | May 2022 (pdf) I June 2021 I Pulse survey article - November 2020 (in English and in French) I May 2020 I 2019
- Africa Attractiveness: November 2021
- Baltics Attractiveness: Estonia 2023, Latvia 2023, Lithuania 2023, Estonia 2022, Latvia 2022, Lithuania 2022
- Belgium Attractiveness: 2023 I 2022 I 2021 I 2020 I 2019
- Cyprus Attractiveness: 2022 I 2020
- France Attractiveness: 2023 (FR) I 2022 (FR) I 2021 (FR) I 2020 (FR)
- Germany Attractiveness: 2023 (DE) | 2022 | 2020 (DE)
- Greece Attractiveness: 2023 (EN) | 2023 (GR) | 2022 (GR) | 2021 | 2020 (GR) | 2020 (EN)
- Ireland Attractiveness: 2023 | 2022
- Italy Attractiveness: 2023 (IT) | 2022 (IT) | 2021 (IT)
- Kazakhstan Attractiveness: 2022 | November 2022 | 2022 (RU)
- Luxembourg Attractiveness: 2023 | 2022
- Malta Attractiveness: 2023 | 2022 | 2021 | 2020
- Portugal Attractiveness: 2023 | 2022 | 2021
- Romania Attractiveness: 2022 | 2021 | 2020
- Scotland Attractiveness: 2022 I 2021 I 2019
- Switzerland Attractiveness: 2020 (DE)
- United Kingdom Attractiveness: 2023 I 2022 I 2021 I November 2020 I 2020 I 2019
- United Kingdom Financial Services Attractiveness: 2022 I 2021 I 2020