The ability to invite, leverage and learn from different perspectives is key to delivering for our clients.
Diversity is about differences. At EY, we think broadly about differences, which include nationality, background, education, gender, ethnicity, generation, age, working and thinking styles, religious background, sexual orientation, abilities, experiences, and technical skills. There are also differences according to geography, service line, sector and function.
Inclusiveness is about leveraging these differences to achieve better business outcomes. It is about creating an environment where EY people feel and are valued – where they feel they belong and contribute their personal best in every encounter.
We believe that only the highest-performing teams that maximize the power of different perspectives and backgrounds will succeed in the fast-changing environment brought by globalization. These teams are both diverse and inclusive, able to invite and learn from other perspectives. Our ability to include various viewpoints into our mindsets, behaviors and operations is fundamental to driving innovation, building strong relationships and delivering the best approaches for our clients.
It is more important than ever for organizations to create an environment where employees feel like they belong while also celebrating and recognizing uniqueness. It is fundamental to building an inclusive environment where all may thrive and relationships and innovation flourish.
EY Global Chairman and CEO, Carmine Di Sibio said that, “Diversity and inclusiveness are critical to building a better working world. Diverse opinions and skills lead to the best answers for our clients and our organization. We don’t get those diverse opinions and skills by bringing together people who look, think and act the same way, or who’ve had similar life experiences. We’re committed to building the highest-performing teams through the power of diversity and to providing equitable growth opportunities to our people around the world.”
Diverse opinions and skills lead to the best answers for our clients and our organization.
Carmine Di Sibio
EY Global Chairman and CEO
- Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” 2020 (US)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2020 Corporate Equality Index – 100% rating and “Best Place to work for LGBT+ Equality” (US)
- Mexican Ministry of Labor Inclusive Business Certificate 2020 (Mexico)
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law’s Corporation of the Year 2019 (US)
- Disability Equality Index Top Score in 2019 (Mexico and US)
- Diversity Best Practices Top 10 Inclusion Index in 2019 (US)
- DiversityInc’s Top 50 Hall of Fame, 2018 and 2019 (US)
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2019 (US)
- Fortune Change the World List 2019 (US)
- Military Times’ Best for Vets: Employers 2019 (US)
- National Association for Female Executives’ Top Companies for Executive Women in 2019 (US)
- National Association of Black Accountants Company of the Year 2019 (US)
- People magazine’s “50 Companies That Care” 2019 (US)
- Universum’s Most Attractive Employers 2019 (US)
- Working Mother 100 Best Companies List 2019 – Top 10 (US)
- Working Mother Best Companies for Multicultural women 2019 (US)
- Great Place to Work Best Workplaces for Diversity 2019 (US)
- Great Place to Work Best Workplaces for Parents 2019 (US
- Great Place to Work Best Workplaces 2019 (Canada)
- Human Rights Campaign Equidad MX – best places to work (Mexico)
- Working Mother Best Companies for Dads 2019 (US)
- Great Place to Work Best Workplaces for Women 2019 (US)
- Great Place to Work Best Workplaces in Consulting and Professional Services 2019 (US)
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work – Employee’s Choice 2019 (US)
- Great Place to Work Diversity & Inclusiveness 2019 (Mexico)
- Gender Equality Index Ranking Par Mexico 2019 (Mexico)
- WBENC America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises 2017 (US)
- Hispanic Business magazine’s Best Companies for Diversity 2012 (US)
- US Business Leadership Network Annual Leadership Awards (US)
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency 2019 (WGEA) (EY Australia)
- EY Philippines member firm, SGV and Co, earned level 1 EDGE Certification by the EDGE Certification Foundation
- Great Place to Work – Asia’s best workplaces 2019
- Hong Kong LGBT+ Inclusion Index award 2019 (Hong Kong)
- Work with Pride index - gold award 2019 (Japan)
- Japan Women’s Innovation Network (J-Win) Award for Women’s Advancement 2018 (Japan)
- Hestia Everyone's Business Award 2020 (UK)
- 2019 Top 10 Working Mother and Avtar Best Company for Women in India
- Great Place to Work – Europe’s Best Employer - Multinational list 2019
- Great Place to Work – UK’s Best Workplaces for Women 2019
- Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For - 13th Best Big Company to work for 2019 (UK)
- The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2019 (UK)
- World HRD Congress Diversity Impact Award 2019 (India)
- Jobsforher DivHERsity Awards – Top 5 companies 2019 – (India)
- Best Practices for Disability Inclusion Award by BeyonDiversity (India)
- Best Workplaces France 2019 (Number 1) – (France)
- Silver-tier ranking on the inaugural South African Workplace Equality Index (SAWEI) 2018
In today’s dynamic and digital environment, teams must be able to successfully navigate disruption and reconcile competing expectations quickly. Diverse and inclusive teams are essential for leveraging different perspectives to solve complex problems and provide the reasonable approach to clients.