In a smart hospital, people, their environment and systems are connected in real time and the data generated is used in intelligent ways.
Traditional hospitals that successfully complete the transformation to a smart hospital can drastically improve the patient experience, personalize medical treatment, better utilize scarce and expensive resources, and greatly minimize errors.
Becoming a smart hospital goes far beyond going digital
To become a smart hospital, a few key questions should be asked.
- In which technologies should we invest in the coming years and which solutions are the most suitable for us?
- How do we use the data that is generated in our hospital in safe and meaningful ways?
- What strategic impact does a transformation to a smart hospital have?
- What demands does a smart hospital place on our digital infrastructure in general and on EHR in particular?
- How can technology unburden our employees and keep them enthusiastic and motivated?
- How do we involve our employees and motivate them to embrace new technologies and adjust their way of working?
This video provides a view of what the smart hospital looks like.