Smart Health solutions
Smart health imagines what a hospital and health system can be in the digital health age, then builds it: a blend of physical and virtual care, connecting patients via sensors and smartphones to clinicians, connected buildings and their health data.
What EY can do for you
Smart health dares you to imagine what a hospital and health system can be in the age of digital health care, and then build it: a blend of physical and virtual care, connecting patients via sensors and smartphones to clinicians, connected buildings and their health data.
In health care, there are many ecosystems, quickly evolving technologies and massive amounts of data, all untidy and uncoordinated. EY teams have a strategic vision on how to use those tools, ecosystems, structures, and data to drive a better experience for providers and consumers. We believe digital should be woven into every aspect of an enterprise and collaborate with EY clients to stop “doing” digital and start “being” digital.
We’ve built an EY Smart Health Collaborative to bring health systems together that have made a commitment to share leading practices, discuss challenges, and talk to peers about different things they may encounter along the journey to becoming a smart health organization. Embarking on a smart health journey requires thoughtful consideration of known challenges and the rapidly evolving technology landscape, as well as strong change management. The EY Smart Health Collaborative can help guide health care organizations from wherever they are in their journey through issues like legislation, funding, cybersecurity and data privacy to support that these factors do not become roadblocks in their smart health transformations.
Smart Health Experience
Smart health starts by getting the consumer experience right through human-centered design, which is, quite simply, designing for people. By focusing upon what matters most to the health care consumer and to the workforce, EY works with organizations to create a more personalized technology-enabled health and well-being experience and a modernized work environment.
In a smart health system, automation and digitization are re-shaping how the entire system works together for a better care experience. We use an experience-led approach and work with hospitals and health systems to introduce digitally-enabled front-, middle- and back-office operations that support the end-to-end consumer and clinician experience.
The EY Smart Health Experience suite of solutions includes:
- Persona definition
- Patient, provider, employee, and broker journey mapping and service design
- Ecosystem definition
- Customer behavioral insights
- Customer-led strategy, capability and roadmap creation
- Business case definition
- Digital employee and caregiver onboarding
- Definition of wireframes and prototypes
- Product development, launch and scale
- Operating model definition
- Experience led digital enterprise transformation
EY Smart Hospital and health transformation
Smart health connects people, the environment, and systems to form a virtual connected care environment. This delivers effective, proactive, and better care that is centered around the patient in the hospital, community or at home. EY Smart Hospital work leverages the wider ecosystem to create a virtual care platform, integrating data through interoperable patient record systems and digital enablers such as IoT, 5G, AI, and remote monitoring solutions. The work of EY teams extends across the health system: from implementing virtual care, to helping to optimize existing facilities and services, through to a complete transformation, including the planning, architectural and information systems design of new-build facilities. Transformation is built upon digital assets and analytics, helping to optimize performance and leading practices in modernization to realize efficiencies and drive a differentiated experience.
The EY Smart Hospital suite of solutions includes:
- Virtual care masterplan
- Smart hospital transformation
- Smart health analytics, including macro supply/demand/ROI modeling, operational performance, and customer insights
- Intelligent automation
- Ecosystem and platform orchestration
EY teams support traditional hospitals and health systems in their transformation to smart health organizations in a value-oriented, controlled and agile way. We help by guiding hospitals, health systems and payers with questions like:
- In which technologies should we invest in the coming years and which solutions are the most suitable for us?
- How do we organize around the consumer and workforce experience at every point of the end-to-end care journey?
- How do we judge who is the right technology partner to help us move ahead with our smart journey?
- What strategic impact does a transformation to a smart hospital have?
- How can technology unburden employees and keep them enthusiastic and motivated?
- How do we involve employees and motivate them to embrace new technologies and adjust their way of working?
- How do I define what capabilities will truly differentiate my brand in the market and establish an experience my customers need?
- How do I create a frictionless and personalized ecosystem, enabling my customers to live healthier lives?
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.