Intelligent automation in life sciences
Robotics process automation (RPA), a form of automation, replicates human interactions with the user interface of a computer system. Targets of RPA include jobs with repetitive tasks, but robots are likely to incorporate more artificial intelligence and expand their capabilities.
What EY can do for you
Leveraging software robotics automation enables pharmaceutical companies to free up human resources for higher-value-added tasks and increase productivity and process scalability.
Software robots can:
- Typically do the work of three to five full-time employees
- Work 24 hours a day, 365 days per year
- Achieve accuracy rates as high as 99%
When it comes to integrating RPA into your life sciences organization, we can help you:
- Evaluate: assess organization and processes to identify opportunities to leverage RPA
- Deploy/enhance: assist with the installation, configuration, testing and deployment of the RPA application; prioritization of functions; and re-engineering of processes and organizational alignment to maximize robotics benefits
- Operate (future state): host, monitor and perform ongoing enhancements to a robotics solution, accessing the client environment through a secure connection
Potential benefits include:
- Accuracy: the right result, decision or calculation the first time
- Consistency: identical process and tasks reducing the output variation
- Elasticity/flexibility: instant ramp-up/down to deal with spikes and troughs in
- Audit trail: fully maintained logs essential for compliance
- Staff retention: allows focus shift toward more stimulating tasks
- Productivity: frees up manual resources for more value-added tasks
- Reliability: full availability 24/7, all year round
- Right shoring: geographical independence allows right-shoring without negative business case impact
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.