- Provides innovative tools and offerings to help reduce implementation risks, navigate challenges and deliver transformation value more quickly
- Puts people at the center, aligning business and IT transformation to drive successful, sustainable change
- Leverages EY energy industry experience to help clients address business challenges
EY today announced the launch of EY Energy Industry Cloud for SAP® solutions to help energy organizations around the world accelerate their digital transformation. The combination of leading EY leading energy industry knowledge and SAP’s industry cloud portfolio will help companies identify and mitigate implementation risks during their transformation, overcome challenges and build long-term value. This follows an announcement in June 2021 regarding a collaboration between EY and SAP on the creation of cloud solutions with an industry-specific approach.
David Townshend, EY Global Energy SAP Offering Leader, says:
“The energy industry is in transition, experiencing fundamental change, at pace. The rapid decline in renewable energy costs, widespread electrification, continual technological breakthroughs and sustainable policy developments are all driving this energy transition. These changes are putting pressure on traditional ways of doing business, requiring companies to transform their operating models, processes, IT and culture.”
EY Energy Industry Cloud for SAP solutions is a value-led approach to implementation. It is specifically designed for the energy industry, driven by insights from across the EY organization and its award-winning alliance with SAP utilizing the SAP Business Technology Platform. By tailoring an approach based on organization’s specific journey, the offering helps maximize growth and mitigate risks of change by:
- Defining a clear roadmap that considers the most appropriate way forward depending on whether the organization is embarking upon complete transformation, upgrading a previous rollout, or starting from somewhere in between. The offering’s ability to track business benefits from kick-off to post go-live, builds enterprise-wide buy-in for change.
- Accelerating delivery through the Intelligent Transformation Platform (ITP), part of the EY Accelerate suite of accelerators supporting clients on their journey to the cloud with RISE for SAP. ITP includes a complete suite of tools to drive value-focused delivery, using automation to streamline and fast-track system build and testing.
- Providing a standard solution to support design and help accelerate delivery. The offering covers processes across the energy value chain and is enhanced by industry specific EY differentiators.
- Putting people at the center by engaging with each individual throughout the project. In this way, EY Energy Industry Cloud for SAP solutions equips them with the capabilities and mindset they require to meet the increasing needs of customers and stakeholders, fostering trust, increasing proficiency and helping them to drive long term, sustainable change.
- Bringing the best of EY teams and taking a whole-of-business approach – including tax, cyber security, supply chain, and sustainability – to unlock greater business benefits from the transformation.
Stefan Krauss, SAP General Manager for Discrete Industries and Energy & Natural Resources, says:
“Especially in the current climate of significant disruptions and change, agile and innovative industry solutions in the cloud that help clients strengthen their core business processes and innovate for the future are key. Together with industry and market professionals from across EY teams, we are helping our clients become sustainable, resilient and intelligent enterprises that serve their customers better.”
For more information, visit ey.com/sap
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. EY member firms do not practice law where prohibited by local laws. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by EYGM Limited, a member of the global EY organization that also does not provide any services to clients.