In this episode of the Advanced Manufacturing and Mobility Business Minute, Kevin Custis, our Global Transportation Industry Leader, shares his insights on the critical issues the transportation sector is facing as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic.
During the podcast, Kevin discusses:
- How is the COVID-19 crisis impacting the transportation sector; is it different from other crises?
- What are some of the important trends in transportation that are transforming the marketplace?
- What are the demand trends that will impact the transportation sector?
- How important is the adoption of technology in transportation post-COVID-19?
- Will hiring practices in transportation match the new normal?
- Given the ongoing transformation, how important are collaboration and partnerships now in transportation?
- As companies are looking to build up their supply chain resiliency, how can the transportation sector support their clients in this effort?
- Consumer buying behavior has influenced supply and demand during the crisis
- Disruptive technologies will play a large role as businesses review supply chains and asset utilization.
- Utilization of AI, data analytics, automation and blockchain will greatly impact transportation, potentially improving core metrics by 5 to 10 times.
If you would like to listen to our podcasts on the go:
Duration 17m 32s
In this seriesseries overview
EY Global Transportation Industry Leader
EY Global Advanced Manufacturing Strategy and Transactions Leader