Today, skills shortages and building teams that can problem-solve, adapt and innovate are major challenges for every CEO.
What if gender equality is the secret to success in our Transformative Age?
In this episode of The Better Question podcast series, our host Juliette Foster is in conversation with two business leaders who are actively addressing the inequalities that persist in today’s business culture.
Julie Teigland is EY’s Regional Managing Partner for Germany, Switzerland and Austria, while also leading EY’s Women Fast Forward Programme globally.
Silvina Moschini is CEO and founder of SheWorks. SheWorks is a unique tech start-up with the ambitious goal of breaking down the barriers that separate talent from opportunities. It enables women from around the world to find education and job opportunities that fit into their lives, by allowing them to work beyond the conventional constraints of an office environment.
During the conversation, we explore the benefits of gender equality to private companies, how to move from public policy to action, the debate about gender quotas, the impacts of unconscious bias, and the transformative potential of digital.
- Diverse teams – including a mix of genders – are better equipped to solve complex challenges
- Both public policy and professional organizations have their part to play in addressing gender inequality.
- The fourth industrial revolution is acting as a catalyst for change, with digital technology increasing the flexibility of work, and connecting remote talent to opportunities, allowing more women to enter the labor force.
- Unconscious bias remains a huge barrier in business which can only be addressed from the top.
- Despite the controversy surrounding them, quotas have made an impact in reducing gender inequality where they have been introduced.
For your convenience, full text transcript of this podcast is also available. Read the transcript.
Juliette FosterBusiness journalist
Julie TeiglandEY Germany Switzerland Austria (GSA) Managing Partner, EY Global Leader – Women. Fast forward
Duration 18m 32s
In this seriesSeries overview
EY Global Markets Digital and Business Disruption Leader
EY Germany Switzerland Austria (GSA) Managing Partner, EY Global Leader – Women. Fast forward