Despite digital as a concept being gender-agnostic, the workforce that sits behind the design and execution, and implementation, has a bias toward men. It’s up to leaders and boards to be the architects of a new paradigm.
What should senior executives and board directors be asking to deliver the pipeline of female leaders that organizations and their boards need to deliver sustainable growth and make certain that women play an equal role in this transformational age?
In this episode of The Better Question, host Juliette Foster is joined by Sharon Sutherland, EY Global Center for Board Matters Leader, Sven Petersen, Partner, Egon Zehnder and Sara Conejo Cervantes, a young leader advocating for gender equality in AI.
The three guests discuss how technology can be put to positive use in advancing gender equality from the workforce right up to the boardroom, as well as what senior executives and board directors should be asking to deliver the pipeline of female leaders that organizations and their boards need to deliver sustainable growth.
- Digital is agnostic but the industry behind it is not.
- Women are under-represented in technology leadership roles and boards.
- Change can come through creating leadership paths, supporting role models, an inclusive company culture and active encouragement of female students to pursue a career in technology and technology related roles.
- Positive discrimination has a role to play.
- Technology and AI can support talent management and create greater gender equality, through fulfilling the role of a management tool and holding leadership to account.
- Ethics and accountability within AI will play a key role in how gender parity is achieved in the future.
For your convenience, full text transcript of this podcast is also available. Read the transcript.
Duration 17m 20s
In this seriesSeries overview
EY Global Media & Entertainment Advisory Services Leader
EY Global Health Sciences and Wellness Industry Leader and Life Sciences Industry Leader
EY EMEIA Area Managing Partner and EY Global Leader – Women. Fast forward
EY Global Markets Digital and Business Disruption Leader