In this episode, Pete Witte, EY Global Private Equity Lead Analyst, explores the key themes and market dynamics from 2Q 2021 that are top of mind for PE investors.
PE Pulse is a quarterly report and corresponding podcast mini series that provides analysis and insights on private equity market activity and trends.
Visit PE Pulse to view this quarter’s summary and infographic.
Five takeaways from 2Q 2021:
- Exit activity via M&A and IPO are seeing record levels of activity, which is impacting the entire PE life cycle, including fundraising.
- Fundraising is picking up as demand from investors strengthens and funds start to close in earnest once again.
- Deal activity and deal volume are on track to comprise the most active half-year on record.
- Deal sizes are increasing due to increasing post-pandemic certainty and the accumulation of dry powder.
- Club deals are increasing in prevalence for large-scale deals.
Duration 10m 00s
In this seriesseries overview
Principal, EY Parthenon, Ernst & Young LLP
Senior Director, EY Corporate & Growth Strategy Practice, Consumer Sector
Executive Director at the Institute for Private Capital and Finance Professor at the University of North Carolina (UNC) Kenan-Flagler Business School
Partner, Advent International
EY National Workplace Leader
EY-Parthenon Partner, EY Latin America North
EY-Parthenon Partner, EY Latin America North Financial Services Partner, EY Colombia
EY Americas Financial Accounting Advisory Services Transactions Leader; SPAC Co-Leader
Partner, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Ernst & Young LLP; SPAC Co-Leader