We help corporates, private equity, governments, sovereign wealth funds, private and family businesses, and educational institutions with their key financial issues. From portfolio review and capital allocation processes to financial planning analytics and decision support, we have the people, analytics and tools to help you better allocate capital.
What EY can do for you
Our team helps you manage your risk return trade-offs to support you with better decision-making around financing and capital efficiency.
We offer deep insights to help you get answers to:
- How do I know I have the right asset mix?
- How do I know I am funding the right projects?
- How do I predict my future financial performance?
- How can my investment and tax strategy help futureproof my business?
- How do I best fund my capital investment decisions?
- How can I increase investor confidence?
We offer the support you need to achieve your objectives across the following areas:
We can help you address key business issues through rigorous financial, economic and data analytics.
- Review, enhance or build capital allocation processes
- Provide independent analysis to help optimize the portfolio
- Employ data analytics and predictive modelling to solve financial problems, facilitate decision making and achieve better business outcomes
- Analyze the impact on value and risk of alternative complex transaction structures
- Analyze the impact on value and risk of alternative capital structures
- Analyze the accretive or dilutive characteristics of your business units or assets
- Bridge your strategic and operational imperatives by employing our leading-class business modelling capabilities
Economic Advisory enhances value by applying economic insight and analysis to real world business decisions. We use the fundamental principles of economics to address our clients’ private and public needs in the areas of policy, regulation, economic impact and commercial decision making. We do this through the combination of deep sector knowledge and strong technical skills in economics, econometrics and evidence-based quantitative analysis. We have a well-established and cohesive global practice which draws upon diverse skills, experience and perspectives from key markets and regions across the globe. Our Valuation, Modeling & Economic Advisory professionals are uniquely placed to support our clients in making better-informed, economically-grounded decisions around economic diligence, economic impact studies, market forecasting, commercial and regulatory pricing and competition economics.
Our Valuation professionals perform high-quality valuations of companies and individual assets that recognize the need for transparent and robust valuations which satisfy corporate, regulatory and accounting requirements. In this environment, justifying the value of assets and liabilities has grown more complex and critical for most businesses. Our experienced professionals bring excellence in accounting, taxation and financial due diligence, providing integrated solutions that help clients make better quality decisions around value. We help clients advance their strategic, financial and tax agendas through a combination of corporate finance and valuation analyses.
Our Business Modeling professionals provide robust quantitative analysis and insight, while leveraging advanced data science, mathematics and statistical skills, to provide robust, evidenced-based analytics to inform our clients’ strategic and operational decision making around all elements of the capital agenda. Often reporting directly to a company’s most senior executives, we enhance our clients’ understanding of costs, benefits, uncertainties and risks to enable more confident, strategic decisions and judgements around capital allocation. We employ tools and techniques to deliver predictive and prescriptive analytics, including the use of financial modelling solutions.
Building an effective business model, whether it's to evaluate a transaction, a new market opportunity or for other strategic purposes, is a complex and difficult task. In addition, clients often place reliance on a business model and require a degree of independent comfort that such business model is free from logical errors. Our Business Modeling professionals also help clients carry out the model review, model support and model-build activities our clients need to make key decisions and improve strategic outcomes.
For large-scale infrastructure projects and programs, we advise both public and private sector organizations on issues related to:
- Public-private partnerships (PPP)
Our wide range of advisory services includes support from the earliest stages of analysis, from project evaluation to procurement, financial close, construction and operations. We can assist our clients in devising and comparing financial plans and delivery approaches for projects that involve public, federal or private financing; project revenues; and grants — and provide support to our clients in their implementation of those plans.
We work with you to achieve your strategic objectives by devising an investment strategy across:
- Merger and acquisitions — We can help you assess the strategic fit of a business by evaluating potential synergies, help project-managing the steps, assisting in negotiations and financial models, and in measuring transaction implications.
- Debt capital markets — Our team provides you with tailored capital markets advice that can help you implement innovative capital solutions to support acquisitions, growth, recapitalizations, restructurings and refinancings.*
- Equity capital markets — Our team helps both private and public companies prepare for and access the capital markets, with a focus on equity and equity-linked capital raises. We provide an independent perspective to boards and management teams on all elements of deal preparation, the transaction process and execution, and after-market considerations.*
*Ernst & Young Capital Advisors, LLC (EYCA) is a registered broker-dealer and member of FINRA ( www.finra.org ), providing sector-specific advice on M&A, debt capital markets, equity capital markets and capital-restructuring transactions. It is an affiliate of Ernst & Young LLP serving clients in the US.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.