Helping you transform or restructure your organization for a better future by enabling business critical and capital investment decisions.
What EY can do for you
We deliver solutions at pace. Whether you are a public or private company, government institution, investor or financial stakeholder, we work closely with clients motivated to transform financial and/or operational performance, and where a sustainable outcome is desired.
We offer deep insight to help you get answers:
- How can I rapidly improve the financial and operational performance of my business?
- How can I access deep sector knowledge to take advantage of sector convergence and protect against sector dislocation?
- How should I operationally restructure to digitally transform my business and build resilience into my competitive advantage?
- Who can help me negotiate a refinancing or restructuring of my debt obligations?
- How can I optimise today’s working capital and generate cash to drive tomorrow’s business growth?
- How can I make better and more informed decisions about strategically managing our capital and transactions in this dislocated market?
- How can I drive business performance and create value to meet the expectations of my Private Equity owners?
- Who can help me make capital allocation decisions within my portfolio to capture cross border trade, transfer pricing, and marginal cost arbitrages?
- How do I deal with challenges from (activist) stakeholders (e.g., equity or debt holders) to preserve, create and realise value?
- How do I work out what data is important to make swift decisions and get to actions quickly?
- Who can help me lead and deliver tangible results by bringing pace, building confidence and developing a clear focus on execution?
- How should I simplify my corporate structure to unlock the financial and non-financial benefits?
- Who can help me develop options for a rapid turnaround, rescue, recovery or contingency plan; then help me find capital to support it and negotiate with my stakeholders?
- How do I optimise my tax position to avoid tax leakage in a refinancing or restructuring?
We offer the support you need to achieve your objectives:
Restructuring an organization brings many challenges on top of the daily demands of running a business, for example: managing competing agendas, creating time to develop options, knowing which option is the right one when information may be imperfect and executing decisions at pace to maintain stakeholder support in a stressed environment.
We deliver rapid solutions with imperfect information. We create understanding, alignment and support with internal and external stakeholders. We focus on actions that deliver transformational outcomes and can provide interim management solutions to help you deliver results.
Stakeholders are asked to respond quickly when businesses underperform, or suffer liquidity shortfalls or value erosion. We help provide support in a rapidly changing environment when information is incomplete, agendas no longer align and confidence is reduced.
We work with all stakeholders to preserve, create and realize value through restructuring advice, critical appraisal of a company’s ongoing viability, stakeholder intermediation, options analysis and entity priority analysis.
Ernst & Young Capital Advisors, LLC (EYCA) offers investment banking services with access to a global network of EY M&As, debt capital markets and equity capital markets professionals combining deep industry knowledge with a middle market focus.
The global EY network offers a comprehensive suite of services, and EY firms consistently rank among the leading financial services firms based on the number of completed transactions globally.
EYCA is a registered broker-dealer and member of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA: finra.org) providing sector-specific advice on M&A, debt capital markets, equity capital markets and capital restructuring transactions. It is an affiliate of Ernst & Young LLP serving clients in the US.
The adage that “cash is king” is more relevant today than ever. Dynamic and disrupted markets, geopolitical uncertainty and ever-growing corporate transparency are putting increasing pressure on companies’ liquidity and cash flows. Many management teams struggle to sustain good control over short-term cash flows and the working capital that drives them, leaving the business vulnerable to market and operational changes.
We have experience supporting the complete spectrum of companies, whether a successful business seeking to enhance shareholder value or an organization experiencing a cash crisis. We help you develop the three main ingredients of strong working capital management: identification of cash-generating opportunities, cash flow forecasting, and visibility and control through our advanced digital analytical techniques.
Most businesses are likely to experience operational challenges and underperformance at some point. While the root causes can be buried, the negative impact can be highly visible — profit warnings, declining performance metrics, failure to achieve project milestones, loss of customer contracts or management departures.
Whether a business is in crisis or is simply facing an operational challenge, our team is experienced in helping management teams identify and prioritize the most critical issues, stabilize the business, establish a leadership and stakeholder consensus around the solution, and deliver tangible results quickly.
Our hands-on value creation leads work at pace to help PE companies (and sponsors) deliver their investment case by accelerating cash and profit improvements from ideation to results.
We prioritize our involvement to focus on situations we know best: complex carve-outs; functional transformations; instances of stress or distress.
Most restructurings need a “Plan B” — whether as a contingency plan to provide comfort for directors and stakeholders or, alternatively, for financial stakeholders to create a credible “stick” to break the deadlock and help all parties reach a consensual deal.
In particularly challenging situations, when directors and businesses are facing increasing risks and challenges to continued trading, we create the time, space and environment to develop and deliver the right solutions.
We work with management and financial stakeholders to use the pace, protection, powers and flexibility available under insolvency laws to address the issues threatening a business’ survival. We use contingency planning and insolvency solutions to create restructuring legacies by increasing the chance of a consensual restructuring through a credible “Plan B,” delivering a rescue that could not otherwise be achieved, preserving and recovering value, stabilizing critical services, and protecting jobs or by providing a controlled exit.
We advise you in implementing restructuring transactions that balance the material tax considerations with your overall business objectives.
- Identifying areas where tax may add value, including maximizing the use of tax attributes and considering the availability of tax exemptions
- Assessing the tax impact of potential business decisions including divestments, group reorganizations, the restructuring of third party and inter-company debt or refinancing of existing liabilities
- Helping you understand the tax impact associated with realigning legal and operating structures
Group structures can become increasingly complex through M&As, JVs and organic growth. This can lead to increased costs, as well as difficulties managing risk, simplifying operations, improving transparency and complying with changing regulations.
We have experience supporting the complete spectrum of organizations, whether large multinational companies seeking to reduce their global entity footprint, or a small domestic organization looking to remove a single entity from its structure for a specific purpose. Our team integrates restructuring, tax and financial advisory knowledge to help organizations assess, rationalize and simplify their legal entity structures across the following key phases of corporate simplification: setup, group complexity analysis, program management, due diligence, and issue resolution and entity eliminations.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.