In this webcast, panelists discuss capital allocation, scenario planning and forecasting, and preparing for buyer diligence.
According to our 2020 EY Global Corporate Divestment Study, more companies than ever – 72% – say they have held onto assets too long. As they face even tougher, and likely more limited, capital allocation decisions in a disrupted business environment, they will need to reshape their portfolios and consider divesting non-core or underperforming assets. At the same time, shareholder activists are preparing campaigns to ignite corporate carve-outs as a result of the crisis.
The result is that most companies (78%) are planning to divest within the next two years. With the proceeds, sellers will look to invest in their core business, fund new technology investments and reimagine business models.
Join us for a discussion on divestment strategy and execution with a focus on:
- Capital allocation
- Scenario planning and forecasting
- Effectively preparing for buyer diligence given the impact of COVID-19
- Rich Mills, EY Global and Americas Divestment Leader
- Loren Garruto, EY Americas Corporate Finance Leader
- Kevin Deeble, Senior Director of M&A Finance, Cisco Systems
- Charles Honnywill, EY UKI Divestment Leader
- Subesh Williams, SVP Corporate Development, GlaxoSmithKline