In this EY Private Perspectives webcast, panelists discuss the hot topic of SPACs, and help companies evaluate if a SPAC is the right strategic option for them.
Special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) have been around for a long time, but have quickly gained popularity in recent months. In the first quarter of 2021 alone, global SPAC activity has exceeded activity for the full year of 2020.
Although SPACs are mainly a US phenomenon, first SPAC issuances have taken place in Europe, and several European exchanges have started to explore SPAC markets of their own. With this significant momentum in the market, more and more companies are asking themselves whether a SPAC is a viable strategic route to public markets, and how they can evaluate the option for their own company.
Join a panel of EY professionals who will aim to demystify the hype around SPACs, and offer valuable insights for European-based companies interested to learn more about SPACs.
The webcast will explore:
- The opportunities and risks European companies should be aware of when considering a merger with a SPAC
- Which accounting and tax structuring considerations come into play
- Whether a SPAC merger is a suitable option for European start-ups and scale-ups
- Martin Steinbach, EY EMEIA IPO Leader
- Sofia Kalomenides, EY CESA IPO Leader
- Alexander Reiter, EY EMEIA Tax Private Equity Leader
- Rob Moody, EY EMEIA Start-up Leader
- Mark Jeffries, Author, Host and Moderator, Mark Jeffries LLC.