In this webcast, we will explore relevant sustainability topics such as Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) updates, tax transparency, grants and incentives, IRA implications for businesses in Europe and innovative technology solutions.
Sustainability has become a business imperative. This is driven by emerging laws and regulations to protect the environment. Governments impose new taxes and levies to incentivize positive environmental behaviors. In addition, there are greater expectations from consumers and society at large for businesses to act responsibly and sustainably.
Tax and legal departments often face challenges assessing the potential impact of such new developments on tax operations. While the link to tax may not always be obvious, understanding the implications of sustainability developments is essential to effectively manage the fiscal and compliance obligations, as well as to identify potential opportunities (e.g., grants and incentives).
During this episode of the Sustainability Update webcast series, we will provide an overview of current and upcoming sustainability-related developments across Europe and beyond. This is a unique opportunity to stay ahead of the curve and better understand sustainability challenges and opportunities.
Topics discussed include:
- Impact of sustainability on business, tax and legal operations: Gain a broad understanding of how sustainability is affecting your operations.
- CBAM: Stay informed on the latest developments in the field and learn why businesses need to act now.
- Tax transparency and reporting obligations: Learn about the current tax reporting obligations for businesses with regard to sustainability.
- Grants and incentives: Discover how incentives can help build a business case for change.
- Technology and sustainability in tax: Get a brief overview of the current landscape of technology and sustainability in tax and law.
- Gijsbert Bulk, EY Europe West Deputy Tax Leader
- Anastasia Salostey, EY Europe West Tax Sustainability Leader
- Richard J Albert, CBAM Specialist; Partner, Indirect Tax, Ernst & Young GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
- Nuria Redondo Martinez, Sustainability Tax Reporting Specialist; Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
- Kerstin Haase, EY Europe West Quantitative Services Leader
- Jon Scott, Tax Partner, EMEIA Platform, Solutions & Intelligence, Ernst & Young LLP