The better the question
How can digital drive a company’s future preparedness?
An Indian IT-solutions major needed to transform the way it operated ꟷ processes, culture, and talent ꟷ to build the base for a digital future.
One of India’s top global IT service companies was facing revenue and profitability challenges. Low margins compared to industry peers, India’s rapidly depleting labor cost advantage and skill obsolescence collectively contributed to low operating margins and falling share prices.
The better the answer
A digital mindset can set the path for growth, operational and delivery excellence, and financial efficiency
EY helped an Indian IT major align with its strategic growth objectives through digital transformation of its strategy, operations, delivery, sales and skills
With an objective to improve its financial and operating performance, the company partnered with EY for a strategic initiative with the following objectives:
- Growth through digital transformation
- Improvement of operations and financial processes through techniques like lean
- Improvement of people productivity and skill development
- Improve delivery by embedding automation and new age delivery into client delivery.
A cross-functional 18-month global initiative
EY put together a multi-disciplinary team to work with the company’s senior leadership to put a digital transformation strategy and program in motion. The EY team worked to bring about strategic differentiation through the following:
- Developed a digital growth path cutting across products, marketing, talent and operations
- Built digital solutions, integrated existing platforms and modernized legacy offerings to align with the company’s growth path
- Overhauled financial processes for managing expenses, reporting obligation and managing budgets
- Introduced data and analytics at the heart of the business, i.e., operations, to help executives take decisions based on lag and lead indicators
- Embedded automation and AI in the delivery of customer programs
- Managed multi-disciplinary change across global locations by enabling people, solutions, messaging, behaviors and skills
- Built a skill academy to power performance improvements through productivity, output quality and skill development
How EY secured a digital future for a global IT-services company
- Digital solutions
- Integration of existing platforms
- Legacy platform modernization
- Talent management
- Digital skills academy
- Sales training
- New age delivery
- Analytics based decision making
The better the world works
Designed and delivered: a future-ready digital organization
Besides gaining a strong financial position, the company is now equipped for a digital future.
Within a month of the project’s conclusion, the company saw improvements to its financial performance. The initiative led to an upliftment in margins and delivered sustainable change.
improvement in market cap
EY became a trusted and reliable partner for the IT solutions company. It ensured that the initiative was coordinated and purposeful across the company’s different functions, geographies and markets.
These initiatives were co-led by EY and the company’s senior leaders, including the CEO and the COO. EY’s cross-functional and cross-industry team comprised of more than 80 professionals, including local and global experts, consultants and technologists.