International Development services
Our EY professionals work with international development organizations to build a better working world and improve the lives of the world’s poorest citizens.
What EY can do for you
Global poverty rates have been cut by more than half since 2000 but more than 700 million people, or 10 percent of the world’s population, still live in extreme poverty today, struggling to fulfill the most basic needs like health, education, and access to water and sanitation. Climate change, lack of investment and COVID-19 further exacerbate the situation.
Governments and international development partners play a crucial role in helping developing nations tread a path towards their long-term development agendas and to meet the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
At EY, we work extensively with multiple international development organizations to help them meet these challenges head-on. Our teams bring together professionals with experience and expertise in areas such as public finance management, economics, digital strategy and technologies, workforce and talent and sustainability. Supporting the international development partners, we help them address their own internal challenges and to deliver more efficient and effective projects on the ground that better the lives of thousands of people.
The services we offer include:
- Digital: creating a digital strategy for your organization is now an imperative and needs to be at the heart of everything you do. Technologies like AI, blockchain, data analytics and data platforms have the power to improve the efficiency of the organization itself and enhance the delivery of the programs on the ground
- Workplace and talent: with the advancement of digital, organizations need the right talent to build the organization of the future. This requires bringing in new skills, upskilling the existing workforce and more
- Infrastructure: a key issue for developing nations, we support with smart city solutions, strategic planning and policy, and capital projects management
- Public finance management: citizens around the world want to know how their money is being spent and governments need to better manage their public finances. We can advise on fiscal planning and budgeting, revenue and tax reform, and finance IT transformation to improve governance. Our public finance management blockchain solution facilitates transparency across all transactions and can help governments and international development partners uncover funds for re-allocation
- Economic development: for developing nations to prosper, investment and economic development are vital. We can provide strategic planning, delivery and program management, innovative and sustainable solutions to international development partners to help them support greater economic progress in developing nations
- Governance: delivering large-scale programs can be challenging. We offer advice on enterprise restructuring, project appraisals, program delivery and management, and risk and compliance to improve program management
- Sustainability: climate change is having a greater impact on developing nations than any others. Poor infrastructure and lack of funding and investment hamper efforts. We provide support with green infrastructure and sustainable finance solutions
- Diversity and inclusion: women in developing nations have far fewer opportunities than men but it is long-acknowledged that bringing women into the workforce has a positive and lasting impact on a country’s economic development. We encourage and foster a diverse and inclusive ethos and focus on empowering women in developing nations through our Women. Fast forward initiative
Our international development teams harness the capabilities, experts and expertise from across our global network to deliver life-changing initiatives such as to help international development organizations achieve their goals and to build a better working world.
Our latest thinking
Explore our case studies
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.