EY Entrepreneur of the Year™ Malta 2023
EY Entrepreneur of the Year™ is a unique global program that recognizes entrepreneurial achievement among individuals and companies that demonstrate vision, leadership and success - and work to improve the quality of life in their communities, countries and around the world.
Recognizing Malta's best and brightest
The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ program was established more than 30 years ago and today operates in more than 60 countries and 145 cities around the world.
By participating in the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year program, entrepreneurs can connect with their peers, access relevant insights to help navigate their growth journey and raise the profile of their companies and teams. Each program culminates in the announcement of an overall winner who then competes for the prestigious EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award.
The Malta award is entering its fifth year, promotes entrepreneurship across the Maltese islands and empowers entrepreneurs to grow their businesses both locally and globally.
The winner will be heading to Monaco in June 2024 to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award, an event that brings together national winners from more than 60 countries.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, leadership and acting as a role model
- Financial Performance and business growth
- Strategic direction of the business
- Global and sustainable impact of entrepreneurial activity
- Innovation and future prospects of products or services
1. Complete the nomination form and submit it by 21 January 2024. Time needed: 30 minutes
2. Entrepreneurs are selected for interview where they have the chance to tell their compelling story. The notes from this interview are added to the nomination form and the financial documents to make up the judges’ pack. Time needed: 45 minutes.
3. Entrepreneurs deliver a presentation to the independent panel in February where they tell their story and focus on what is special about them and their business. Time needed: 30 minutes
4. You attend the award ceremony in 2024 - date, venue, virtual or hybrid format still to be confirmed. Culminating in the announcement of the winner of EY Entrepreneur of The Year Award, and the EY Rising Star Award.
The award is judged by an independent panel made up of key figures from the business community.
More information on judging panel coming soon.
- Exclusive network: Entrepreneur Of The Year alumni represent some of the most influential, innovative and exclusive entrepreneurs in the world. Winners become part of this influential and exclusive community. They also gain access to investors, key business leaders, speaking engagements and media opportunities.
- Brand awareness: Just being nominated can elevate awareness of your company through exposure to other entrepreneurs, sponsors, judges and guests. The winnrs also benefit from significant awareness internationally which could drive the next phase of your company’s growth.
- Recognition: For contribution to the community, entrepreneurial sector and national economy.
- Strong relationships: Investors, customers and potential recruits take notice of finalists and winners. Employee morale can be lifted across the organisation.
A strong, well-written nomination is powerful and compelling to the judges. Consider these points when completing the nomination form:
- Tell your story: This is all about one of the most prestigious business awards in the country. Humility has its time and place - this isn’t it. Write your narrative in the third person. It’s easier to be creative and expand on what you’ve done when you write from this perspective.
- Understanding the evaluation process: Focus on the criteria the judges look for.
- Make it engaging: Your story should be truthful, vivid and engaging. Make it stand out.
- Be concise: Keep to the word count. Brevity is a virtue here.
- Demonstrate results: You can't measure dreams, but you can quantify growth. Use specific numbers, percentages and statistics.
- Compare yourself to others: How do you stack up to the competition and differentiate yourself in the market? Convey those factors, remembering that the judges may be unfamiliar with your industry.
- Persuade: Convince the judges that they’re reading about a real winner. Be authentic. Be enthusiastic.
- Polish and edit: Write it. Take a break. Then go back and read it with fresh eyes, changing what you need to make it shine.
- Be on time: Nomination submissions are due with a firm deadline of the 21 of January 2024.
- The entrepreneur should be the owner or hold a stake in the company and is responsible for the business growth over the past few years.
- The entrepreneur is an active member of the company management for at least two consecutive years (e.g. Executive Board, Management Board or Supervisory Board) and have a key influence on decision making.
- The entrepreneur must have deserving credit for business success of the proper company or the company the candidate works for, with at least 2 years in a managerial position continuously.
- The business must be headquartered or have its core operations in Malta (subsidiaries of foreign entities are sometimes allowed into the competition but need to be thoroughly examined and discussed).
- The business must have been established for at least 2 years as of 1st January 2024.
EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™
EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year is a unique gathering of disruptive entrepreneurs and global business leaders from more than 60 countries.
Through keynote interviews, discussions, debates and interactive crowd-solving sessions, you will learn how the world’s most dynamic entrepreneurs — renowned for their ability to find new opportunities, even in times of unprecedented change — continue to grow and thrive.
The EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year experience provides an opportunity for you to:
- Gain insights into the economic, political, business and social changes that are creating the “perfect storm” for entrepreneurs to flourish and grow
- Meet inspiring game-changers who are disrupting industries, hear how they are leading the world through uncertainty, and generate innovative new ideas to grow your business
- Grow the networks you need to realize your ambitions, faster
- Stimulate new ideas in a series of peer-to-peer interactive sessions, learn how others are developing plans to face the opportunities generated by uncertainty head on, and join forces to effect meaningful change for business and communities
- Celebrate the outstanding achievement of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award winners from around the world at the annual black-tie awards gala