Contingency planning and insolvency services
Most restructurings need a contingency plan. When businesses face increasing risks and challenges to continued trading, we can help create the time, space and environment to develop and deliver the right solutions using extensive experience of insolvency options.
What EY contingency planning and insolvency team can do for you
We work with management and financial stakeholders to use the pace, protection, powers and flexibility available under applicable insolvency law to address the issues threatening a business’ survival.
We use contingency planning and insolvency services to create restructuring legacies by:
- Increasing the chance of a consensual restructuring through a credible “Plan B”
- Delivering a rescue that could not otherwise be achieved
- Preserving and recovering value, stabilizing critical services, and protecting jobs
- Providing a controlled exit
We bring an unrivaled ability to connect globally and deliver locally in multiple different jurisdictions.
We have been involved in many of the most high-profile insolvencies in both private and public sectors, and are recognized for our groundbreaking, innovative use of insolvency law, coupled with our “light touch” approach to our insolvency services that minimizes disruption.
Our insolvency and contingency planning team has worked together for many years, bringing clients the experience, insight, and clarity of thought to increase confidence in the most stressed situations and transform outcomes.
Our contingency planning and insolvency services deliver:
- Options analysis
- Contingency planning
- Assistance to directors navigating the zone of insolvency
- Entity priority analysis
- Schemes of arrangements
- Administrations (including prepacks and trading insolvencies)
- Company voluntary arrangements (CVA)
- Contentious insolvency
- The Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA)
- Chapter 11-related services
- Other cross-border insolvency solutions
- Tax support relating to commercial options
Explore our solutions and technology
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.