Treasury, commodities and finance specialisms
EY teams can help treasurers and finance leaders to manage risk and volatility in complex areas, including treasury reporting, processes and systems, and commodities markets.
What EY can do for you
In this ever-evolving environment, shareholders and other stakeholders are increasingly looking for finance teams to demonstrate a clear understanding of how the business operates. They are demanding timely corporate information, efficient audit performance and a commitment to continuous improvement.
The strategic importance and role of the treasury function has continued to evolve over time. The pace of change has been accelerated by disruptive factors, such as new regulatory requirements, geopolitical tensions, advanced technologies and the need to be more transparent.
In such an environment, a scalable forward-looking treasury function can be important in developing efficient capital structures, protecting cash and assets, mitigating risks, and managing liquidity to support business operations. But achieving the desired operating model can be difficult without guidance.
The continuing globalization of the world’s economies, demand for resources and increased sustainability requirements can affect commodity prices and volatility, impacting a company’s exposure to commodities risks, including credit and liquidity. Companies with significant exposure to commodity risks can often require complex risk management frameworks to help better understand, measure and operate.
To help address treasury, commodities and other finance-related challenges, EY teams can support you through practical, on-the-ground collaboration and strategic advisory support. This support can help you address a variety of areas relating to treasury and commodities, including:
Treasury and commodities risk and analytics:
- Assessing processes and controls
- Supporting management in setting up and enhancing cash and liquidity forecasting processes
- Performing quantitative risk analysis and modeling
Treasury and commodities audit support, and technical accounting:
- Assisting with hedge accounting and accounting for financial instruments
- Providing support and guidance to management during the internal and external audit process
Treasury and commodities technology:
- Helping management identify new treasury management systems (TMS) and commodities trading and risks management (CTRM) systems
- Supporting with the transition from existing to new TMS and CTRM systems
- Assisting management with defining and implementing a data management and reporting strategy
Treasury and commodities transformation:
- Assisting in the design of treasury target operating models (TOM) and helping to develop the case for change
- Implementing operating model transformation
- Helping to monitor and improve the cost efficiency of the treasury function and optimize costs
Treasury and commodities transaction and structuring:
- Supporting pre- and post-merger integration and carve-outs
- Helping prepare the treasury function for an Initial Public Offering (IPO)
EY Treasury Services teams focus on developing and providing actionable and practical services that can help you unlock your treasury department’s value to the overall organization.
EY Managed Treasury Services
EY Managed Treasury Services can help you focus on strategic initiatives while providing your team with additional insight on your organization’s exposures and risk management strategies.
EY teams maintain the resources, knowledge and technologies to provide you with consistent, high-quality services in an ever-changing landscape. The service can also provide you with access to experienced treasury teams across the globe who are able to support you on many aspects of your treasury operations.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.