EY advises clients on financial, procurement, strategic and public-private partnership issues for large-scale infrastructure projects, providing support from project evaluation to procurement, financial close, construction and operations, and by helping governments strategically manage capital and transactions, asset sales, and divestments.
What EY can do for you
We assist in devising and comparing financial plans and delivery approaches for projects that involve public or private financing, project revenues and grants — and provide support to clients in their implementation of those plans.
Our capabilities include:
- Smart mobility and cities – support local and regional governments achieve mobility in cities
- Infrastructure strategic planning and policy
- Infrastructure procurement and transaction advice
- Infrastructure delivery and program management
- Strategic capital management and transactions, including improving liquidity and credit availability, cash management or underperformance
- Exit – government asset sales and divestments
- Technology and information and communication technology (ICT) strategy and process improvements
Our sector experience and collaborative approach help to deliver innovative services that meet the challenges of today’s infrastructure projects:
- Delivering a robust business case
- Managing portfolio and capital allocations more efficiently
- Defining and delivering a successful project
- Identifying and managing risk
- Managing stakeholder agendas and engagement
Our government and capital agenda service focus on managing capital and transactions:
- Preserving: solidifying credit rating; building a stronger profit and loss (P&L); preserving existing assets; and minimizing costs, turnaround plans, restructuring services, decision-making and analytics modeling
- Optimizing: asset operational efficiency, optimizing asset portfolios, project evaluation and selection, optimizing organizational structure, and institutional frameworks
- Investing: feasibility studies and business plan assessment, planning and structuring transactions, and cost-efficiency structures
- Raising: asset divestment, fund-raising for infrastructure projects, and private financing
For governmental clients considering new systems, major expansions, significant renewal work and PPP initiatives, we assist in the development of long-term investment plans, as well as programs and policy frameworks.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.