Divestiture advisory services
Our goal is to help clients realize value, accelerate close and minimize business disruptions. We help clients reach their strategic goals, optimize their portfolio, evaluate divestiture risks and rewards, and prepare them to execute the transaction.
What EY can do for you
We offer deep insight to help you get answers:
- What path will you navigate to carve out sale success?
- How can divesting fuel your future growth?
- What is driving the appetite for divestments?
- How do you make the decision to divest?
- Do you have the right tools and talent to maximize your divestment outcome?
Leading companies consider divestments as fundamental to their business strategy – they focus on selling assets in the same rigorous way they focus on acquisitions. These companies often carve out or spin off a business unit and redeploy capital raised to strengthen their core business and reinvest in high-growth areas.
Family-owned companies may sell their businesses for comfortable fund retirement, to support future generations or to find a partner who will protect the legacy of the business. And, middle-market businesses and private equity firms also sell entire companies to monetize their investment. Our dedicated, multifunctional, diverse divestment professionals can help your enterprise improve portfolio management, divestment strategy and execution.
Our services that span the transaction life cycle are:
- Strategy and portfolio management
- Equity story development and delivery
- Separation planning
- Negotiation and execution
- Optimization of the remaining business
For the second consecutive year, EY is ranked a Leader in Divestitures Consulting and Top Ranked in Breadth of Services by analyst firm ALM Intelligence, December 2018 and 2019.
Find out more about our Sell and Separate services. Learn more
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.