The EY think tank, EYQ, recently released a study that identifies 10 megatrends that will transform the working world over the next 3 to 10 years, and beyond. The report provides a framework to help business leaders evaluate which of these developments will most impact their business and help them shape strategy accordingly.
In this episode of The Better Question podcast, host Juliette Foster is joined by Janet Balis, EY Global Advisory Leader for Media & Entertainment and Marketing Consulting Leader in the Americas, and Chris Meyer, CEO of Nerve LLC and chair of the EYQ Advisory Board.
The three discuss how the intersection of long-term trends in technology, globalization, and demography are creating the megatrends of the future, such as augmented humanity, super consumers, behavioural design and adaptive regulation.
- The megatrends of the future will emerge at the intersection of long-term trends in technology, demography and globalization.
- The dominant technological trend characterizing our current era is human augmentation; the dominant trend relating to globalization is populism.
- Superfluid markets will remove the friction in how consumers purchase goods by using sophisticated and seamlessly integrated technology.
- As populism continues to gain momentum, a new social contract will be required, to respond to shifting workforce dynamics as technology takes over some tasks and to address the growing inequality in the system.
- Business leaders have a greater responsibility to help shape the future of society.
- CEOs and boards should consider using the Megatrends framework to evaluate which megatrends will most impact their business in coming years, and begin preparing now.
For your convenience, full text transcript of this podcast is also available. Read the transcript.
Duration 18m 55s
In this seriesSeries overview
EY Global Health Sciences and Wellness Industry Leader and Life Sciences Industry Leader
EY EMEIA Area Managing Partner and EY Global Leader – Women. Fast forward
EY Global Markets Digital and Business Disruption Leader