IFRS banking conference | London, 18 June 2019
The EY annual UK International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) banking conference, attended by banks, regulators and standard-setters from across the country, included a look at the ongoing challenges arising from changes to accounting and regulatory rules, and how to plan and manage these.
Sessions included points of view from banks, regulators and standard-setters:
- An update from the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) on recent activities impacting banks and financial institutions
- Through the looking glass: FS regulatory developments
- IBOR Transition for banks and corporates: A panel discussion
- An analyst view of IFRS 9 impairment and what banks disclosed in 2018
- IFRS hot topics and accounting in the digital age
- Insight into the finance function of the future
- Integrated reporting and climate risk
- Brexit for financial services.
Read a summary of insights from discussions with leading specialists and peers across the banking industry, as well as the findings of real-time polls taken during the conference. We hope you find the contents useful in planning and managing upcoming changes.