Working with employers
The EY Foundation works with a range of employers to provide young people facing barriers to entering the workplace with the skills, support, experience and opportunities to succeed.
Why should employers work with us?
- Access a diverse talent pool
- Get young people work ready
- Provide your staff with quality volunteering opportunities, with CPD (Continual Personal Development) credits attached
- Support local labour markets and communities
- Network with like-minded employers
- Help meet social mobility compact requirements
At the heart of our support for young people
We deliver targeted programmes for young people on free school meals and those who face barriers to entering the workplace. Our support is underpinned by:
- Paid work experience
- Skills development
- Chartered Management Institute qualification
- Networking with local employers
- Alumni events
- Broadened understanding of different post 18 pathways
The EY Foundation recently worked with the Ministry of Justice on Smart Futures in Bradford. Here’s Danny’s story of what he gained from the programme:
What employers say
It’s opened the Home Office’s eyes to the breadth of talent we just hadn’t been reaching before. It’s made a great difference to their mentors who have grown individually. It’s also been fabulous to see the young people grow so much from the first time we met them to their graduation events. It’s been touching, it’s been heartfelt and we’ve absolutely loved it.
Social mobility is a priority of ours…EY Foundation do the recruitment of talented young people that we wouldn’t otherwise reach. Secondly, it’s a good skills-based volunteer opportunity – our people can be mentors, facilitators, business experience hosts. Thirdly – the quality of the programme – what we want to get from it, and the quality of the candidates – was excellent. The feedback of the students we had here was really positive and having that contact with such an array of students with a particular interest in law and being able to host them is really excellent
Interested in the changes we have made here,
contact us to find out more.