Programme information and key dates
Entrepreneurs shape our lives. They stimulate innovation, create jobs, without limitations. They build nations by fueling economic growth and prosperity.
- The business must be based, or have its chief operations, in the UK, and have been incorporated for two years as of 1 January 2021.
- The business leader is responsible for the company's success and has been in post a minimum of two years as of 1 January 2021.
- The business leader has a significant personal financial stake in the business, either directly or via share options.
- Nominations deadline: 16 April 2021
- Regional judging days: 22-23 June 2021
- UK Finalists announced: 9 September 2021
- UK national judging days: 20-21 October 2021
- UK awards ceremony: 18 November 2021
- Sets high standards and demonstrates a desire to be successful
- Takes risks and overcomes significant obstacles
- Demonstrates perseverance and learns from experience
- Pioneers new approaches or technologies
- Develops products and services ahead of the market
- Builds a culture of innovation and invests in research and development
National and global impact
- Increases market share
- Enables international growth and reach
- Expands into new markets
- Demonstrates personal values that earn respect from key stakeholders
- Maintains the highest ethical and quality standards across the business
- Commits the organisation to an inspiring purpose
- Enables a more sustainable future for all
- Develops a vision with goals for future growth and expansion
- Builds an effective team and strategic alliances
- Measures and benchmarks progress against goals
- Creates value for stakeholders
- Drives strong financial performance
- Develops human capital
- Drives strategies for long-term sustainable results