ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental management systems and ISO 50001:2011 – Energy management system – Combined Internal Auditor Training
Combined internal auditor course
As competition increases within the expanding global economy, the environment has become an important factor in the decision-making process of companies around the world. Good proactive environmental and energy management performance is not just a legal or moral obligation, but it also makes good business sense to create long term value by investing in energy transition and enable trust in the market place by being part of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, Science Based Targets, The United Nations Sustainable Development goals etc.
Today energy management is more complex and interconnected with environmental issues. Loss of natural resources and habitat is relentless and difficult to reverse. Traditional ways of addressing environmental issues in a reactive manner are proving to be highly inefficient. Sustainability requires a proactive strategic response. Organizations across the world are trying to boost their management models with energy saving and energy management systems. Number of business cases have shown that financial savings not only from energy efficiency but also through reducing waste and improving operational efficiencies resulted in payback period as short as 3 years. ISO 50001 supports organizations in all sectors to use energy more efficiently, through the development of an energy management system and ISO 14001 is an internationally agreed standard that sets out the requirements for an environmental management system. It helps organizations improve their environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste, gaining a competitive advantage and the trust of stakeholders.
Our combined ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 50001:2018 internal auditor course is designed to teach you how to interpret and understand the standard requirements, while enjoying the practical experience of our trainers. Our trainers possess a wealth of experience in working with the standard as auditors and implementers. Our trainers have a wide background in environmental science as well as energy management and understand the challenges.
Through a combination of tutorials, group exercises and role-playing using EY’s industry knowledge, you will learn everything you need to know about how to be an internal auditor of environmental and energy management systems.
Key objectives of the training
- Be familiar with the differences and synergies between ISO 14001 & ISO 50001
- Understand the PDCA-cycle of environmental and energy management systems
- Understand key compliance obligations related to environmental and energy management
- Understand how environmental and energy processes intertwine and how to design an environmental and energy management system
- Understand the content of ISO 14001 & ISO 50001 and how to interpret its requirements
- Able to distinguish different types of environmental impacts and risks as well as energy sources and potential reductions
- Know the different interested parties to environmental and energy management systems, their roles and responsibilities
- Be able to effectively audit to verify conformity with ISO 14001 & ISO 50001
The participants will get the opportunity to develop skills in the following:
- Identify, analyse and confirm the control of environmental impacts, risks and opportunities for improvement
- Indicating structural energy management issues and potentials
- Investigation, analysis and follow-up of environmental incidents and energy mismanagement
- Auditing ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 50001:2018 using our proven auditing methods
- Gaining auditing skills to help improve auditing capabilities
Our trainers have accumulated insight, experience and knowledge while working as environmental and energy management officials or lead auditors for years. They have obtained first-hand experience on what works and what doesn't in multiple leading global companies. Our training is an opportunity to obtain these insights and engage into EY’s environmental and energy management systems network.
Upcoming courses at EY CertifyPoint
February 10 to February 14, 2020
Location: EY Amsterdam - Cross Towers, Antonio Vivaldistraat 150, 1083HP, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Internal Auditor: $ 2.500 (if registered before December 20, 2019)
Internal Auditor: $ 3.000
RSVP due date: January 24, 2020
Why EY CertifyPoint?
- EY CertifyPoint is one of the global market leaders for ISO certifications. We are known for a smart approach as well as efficient audit techniques minimizing the efforts of our clients.
- We have developed a strong global practice and obtained expertise knowledge in the area of Environment and Energy Management as well as the ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 50001:2018 standards.
- The training will be held by professionals with practical experience in implementing and auditing Environment and Energy Management Systems according to the ISO standards.
- EY CertifyPoint provides a focused Environment and Energy Management System training for a deep understanding of the ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 50001:2018 standards.
*The training fees include:
- In-class training
- Certification is based on performance during the training, homework assignments and an exam.