Capital Projects Consulting
The EY Capital Projects Consulting team helps our clients reduce risk, increase efficiency and lower cost.
What EY can do for you
The EY Capital Projects Consulting team supports our clients’ capital programs and construction projects by helping to ensure efficient and effective governance, risk management, and delivery and control at each phase of the program and project life cycle — while positively transforming the physical environments in which we work and live.
We work with you to collaborate and lead professional teams that address the complex issues related to construction project and risk management, payments and audit support, and digital innovation. Our EY professionals ask better questions and work with clients to develop holistic, innovative answers that deliver impactful, high-quality results.
- Our team includes engineers, architects, construction managers, project control professionals and construction accountants, with industry-specific certifications and licenses with project experience in planning, design, construction, and operation of facilities of diverse scale across a wide variety of industries.
- Certifications: Professional Engineers (PEs), Registered Architects, Project Management Professionals (PMPs), LEED Accredited, Six Sigma Certified, Quantity Surveyors
- From strategic advisory to “boots on the ground” support, our team of industry-trained practitioners provides leading practice perspectives and practical solutions where you need it, and when you need it.
Our Capital Projects Consulting Services include
Capital Program and Construction Project Consulting
From strategic advisory to field support to digital enablement, our team of industry-trained practitioners provides leading-practice perspectives and practical solutions to mitigate uncertainty, macroeconomic constraints and dynamic risks that are the hallmarks of the capital program and construction project environment.
Navigating these challenges to effectively plan, complete and transition projects has become increasingly complex for all parties involved — including owners, designers, contractors, lenders, insurers and sureties.
Our EY team supports the effective and efficient governance, risk management, and delivery and control of capital programs and construction projects at each phase of the program and project life cycle.
- Aerospace & Defense
- Automotive & Mobility
- Banking & Capital Markets
- Chemicals & Advanced Materials
- Construction & Engineering
- Consumer Products
- Government & Public Sector
- Health & Wellness
- Industrial Products
- Life Sciences
- Media & Entertainment
- Mining & Metals
- Oil & Gas
- Power & Utilities
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Wealth and Asset Management
We are on the forefront of key innovations transforming the construction industry, from new delivery methodologies and contracting mechanisms to strategic application of data and technology to predict risk and drive better outcomes.
EY Capital Projects Consulting capabilities include
- Strategic program and project advisory services
- Governance, organization and controls optimization
- Program and project process improvement
- Program and project risk management
- Program and project management oversight (PMO)
- Contract compliance, cost evaluation and recovery
- Independent evaluation of program and project performance
- Integrity and compliance monitoring
- Program and project technology and data strategy and optimization
Payment Application Managed Services (PAMS) is a prospective continuous review of invoices that leverages people, process and technology. Artificial intelligence and robotic process automation allow digitization of invoices, automated compliance tests and changes recommended through machine learning. This enables discovery of exceptions to contractual terms before payments are due.
- Outsourcing accounts payable for real estate and construction spending
- Identifying incorrect charges, fraudulent activities and duplicative charges
- Benchmarking of cost at a line-item level to highlight excessive costs for ongoing and upcoming contracts
- Providing data used to improve tax exposure
Our clients hire us for one main reason: they want us to prevent leakage on their large capex and facility management spending while they focus on their core business.
We typically achieve 3% to 9% savings based off the face value of the invoices.
Discover how we can support your capital programs and construction projects at every stage.