During times of disruption and instability, organizations need to stabilize operations, shore up their balance sheets and plan for the future. EY checklists and insights will help you create financial resilience to see you through the now, next and beyond.
Stabilize your organization’s operations and finances by providing liquidity and stabilizing operations.
- Enable cash generation
- Preserve working capital
- Stabilize and assess critical operations
- Conduct supplier contract and credit terms renegotiations
- Bolster stakeholder communications to gain confidence and support capital market and creditor confidence
- Consider appropriate relief assistance and funding programs tax refunds, carrybacks and so on
- Evaluate regulatory reporting requirements and proactively engage with your auditors, board of directors, investors and regulators
Start planning for the future by optimizing cost and operational structure and shoring up the balance sheet.
- Perform cost reduction opportunity assessment
- Provide updated risk assessment
- Evaluate tax cost recovery strategies
- Facilitate revised sourcing strategies and agreements
- Consider outsourcing or co-sourcing
- Determine asset sales
- Utilize technologies to enable remote financial reporting and investor and other stakeholder engagement
- Consider implications of key accounting, disclosure and financial reporting requirements
- Proactively assess opportunity to enhance corporate reporting and stakeholder communications to address changes in operations and strategies
It is important to succeed through business disruption, capture opportunities and create long-term value for the future.
- Identify key stakeholders objectives and identify how they are impacted by your business strategy and activities
- Define and prioritize stakeholder outcomes — consistent with the company’s purpose — with a focus on employees, consumers, communities, supply chain partners, investors and creditors
- Deploy a proactive and credible market communication plan for your resilience strategy and how it is designed to protect while creating value for all stakeholders identified — including targets and progress metrics
- Take advantage of low asset prices for potential acquisitions
- Seek new talent that may now be available in the market
- Activate longer-term value through engagement with your communities, relationships and values
- Realign strategies and road map (e.g., tax, supplier, credit)
- Gain long-term value from cost reduction and automation strategies (e.g., managed services. outsourcing, AI)