Environmental Social Governance Services
EY is committed to maintaining a diverse supplier base and building relationships with suppliers that reflect the market, clients and communities we serve.
How does EY build an inclusive supply chain?
We are committed to maintaining a diverse supplier base and building relationships with suppliers that reflect the market, clients and communities we serve. We seek to actively identify, develop and do business with diverse suppliers as an integral component of our procurement activities. Our Environmental Social Governance Services team drives the supplier diversity initiative at EY to promote supplier inclusion.
Our commitment is to inspire diverse suppliers to think big and be confident in their ability to provide high quality products and services that meet our needs. Through our initiative we aim to create a distinctive experience for suppliers by teaming together to develop innovative solutions, strategies and accelerating possibilities as we respond with a diverse mindset to our customers, clients and communities around us.
EY seeks vendors that are certified as at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by one or more minority, woman, LGBTQ+, veteran, service-disabled veteran, person with a disability, aboriginal-indigenous person, or a historically underutilized business defined by the local country that can enhance our competitive advantage and provide innovative and cost-effective services for our clients
Our advocacy organization membership allows us to participate in activities to recruit diverse contractors, subcontractors and suppliers of products and services of value.
Are you a diverse supplier with valid certification from the appropriate agency or association? Our preferred certifications are:
- Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council
- Canadian Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Minority Supplier Development China
- Minority Supplier Development UK
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- National Minority Supplier Development Council
- National Veteran Business Development Council
- South African Supplier Diversity Council (SASDC)
- Supply Nation (Australia)
- Disablility:IN (focusing on Disability Supplier Diversity Program)
- US Small Business Administration
- WeConnect International
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
Other certifications are accepted upon review of the Environmental Social Governance Services Team and client requirements.
Supporting diverse businesses
Assisting suppliers in achieving their potential is a key element in our initiative. During the past decade, we have created numerous opportunities for our diverse suppliers.
Member firms have provided scholarships for diverse businesses to further their knowledge by providing them the opportunity to attend minority business leadership programs. These programs provide an intensive week-long curriculum to foster business development and growth.
- Dartmouth Tuck Minority Business Program
- NMSDC-Advanced Management Education Program (AMEP)
- Tuck- WBENC Executive Program
- EY Ripples
- EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year
Become a registered supplier
At EY, we search for suppliers who can help us provide exceptional services to clients and support the overall success of our organization. Become a registered supplier.
Awards and recognition
Our efforts to support global diversity and inclusiveness within procurement have earned EY recognition in the marketplace, including the following:
- Minority Business News USA’s All-Stars of Supplier Diversity (2020)
- Ranked No. 7 in WEConnect’s Top 10 Global Champions for Supplier Diversity & Inclusion (2020)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council’s Top Corporation (2018-19) Hall of Fame distinction
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council’s Top Corporation (2013–2017) Platinum distinction
- Canadian Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce’s Corporation of the Year Award (2018)
- Ranked No. 6 for Supplier diversity in Diversity Inc.’s Top 12 Companies for Supplier Diversity (2018-19)
- Canadian Aboriginal Minority Supplier Council’s Collaboration Award (2017)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council’s Global Link Corporation of the Year (2017)
- Canadian Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce finalist for Corporation of the Year (2017)
- Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment in South Africa, achieved level one status (2017)
- Gender Mainstreaming Awards, Specific Category, Economic Empowerment (Overall winner) South Africa (2017)
- National Business Inclusion Consortium’s Best of the Best Leadership Award (2016)
- Minority Business News USA’s Most Admired Companies in Supplier Diversity (2016)
- Procurement Leaders, World Procurement Awards finalist, Corporate Social Responsibility Award (2016)
- Women’s Enterprise USA’s 100 Corporations of the Year (2013–17)
- Minority Business News USA’s Corporate 101 (2013–17)
- Top Corporation for Women Business Enterprises from Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (2009–12)
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce’s Corporation of the Year (2011)
The EY Diversity & Inclusiveness champions have received these prestigious awards and nominations:
- WBENC Applause Award (2018)
- ISM NY Donna Georgio Service Award (2018)
- WeConnect Canada’s Champion of the Year Award (2018-19)
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce’s Global Advocate Award (2018)
- Women Presidents Educational Organization’s Outstanding Women’s Business Advocate Award (2017)
- Minority Business News USA’s Supplier Diversity Champion Designation (2017)
- US Business Leadership Network’s John D. Kemp Leadership Award (2017)
- WBE Hall of Fame’s Chief Executive Award (2016)
- Women’s Enterprise’s 100 Top Diversity Leaders (2016)
- Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council’s Procurement Business Advocate of the Year (2016)
- Nomination for Buyer of the Year award by Georgia Minority Supplier Development Council (2015)
- Nomination for Procurement Business Advocate of the Year award by Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (2015)
- WBE Hall of Fame Inductees Corporate Advocate (2013)
- Women’s Enterprise USA’s Top 50 Women in Corporate Supplier Diversity (2013)
- Diversity Plus magazine’s Top 30 Champions of Diversity (2013)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council’s William J. Alcorn Leadership Award (2011)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council’s Applause Award (2010)
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.