Entrepreneur Of The Year Northern California
Through the Entrepreneur Of The Year® program, we celebrate the unstoppable entrepreneurs whose unbounded ambitions deliver innovation, growth and prosperity that transform our world.
Call for nominations
If you’ve been inspired by an entrepreneur, or are one yourself, submit an Entrepreneur Of The Year® nomination by March 6, 2020.
Here’s to the unstoppable entrepreneurs transforming our world.
Humanity is capable of great things. But to build something of long-term value takes grit, persistence and a sense of ambition that’s free of doubt or fear. It takes a special kind of leader to ignore the critics and transform a blue-sky dream into a new reality that contributes value and purpose beyond simple profits. We call these entrepreneurs the unstoppables — those whose unbounded ambitions deliver innovation, growth and prosperity that transform our world.
Why is this entrepreneurial ecosystem so important?
In June 2019, Brad Keywell, Founder and CEO of Chicago-based Uptake Technologies, competed against program award winners from nearly 60 countries and was named the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2019, our top entrepreneurial honor. He shares the significance of this global recognition and the value of being part of the Entrepreneur Of The Year community in the video below.
- December 2019 – March 2020 | Entrepreneur Of The Year US nomination period opens
- February 13, 2020 | Northern California application workshop Register now
- March 6, 2020 | Application deadline
- April 2, 2020 | Semifinalists announced
- April 13-28, 2020 | Onsite interviews with the EY professional team and program sponsors
- April 29, 2020 | Semifinalist reception and judging interviews
- May 5, 2020 | Finalists announced
- May 11, 2020 | Finalist filming
- May 19, 2020 | Finalist filming
- June 5, 2020 | Awards gala and winners announcement
- July – October 2020 | Regional award winners move on to national judging phase
- November 11-15, 2020 | Regional award winners attend the Strategic Growth Forum® US in Palm Springs, CA
- November 14, 2020 | National award winners are announced at the Entrepreneur Of The Year US Awards gala
About the program
The Entrepreneur Of The Year program, founded by EY, has recognized the endeavors of exceptional men and women who create the products and services that keep our worldwide economy moving forward. Since its inception, Entrepreneur Of The Year has grown dramatically and now includes programs in more than 145 cities and more than 60 countries worldwide. The Entrepreneur Of The Year US Awards gala is the culminating event of the Strategic Growth Forum®, the largest gathering of entrepreneurs in America.
Benefits to participating in the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program
Recognized as one of the most prestigious business award programs in the country, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards celebrate the country's most innovative business leaders.