Insurance & Federal Claims Services
The risk landscape is constantly shifting, with cyberattacks growing more common and natural disasters striking more frequently with increasing severity. The EY team is dedicated to assisting our clients to prepare for and financially recover from such incidents.
Averting a second disaster: Avoiding grant deobligation (3rd Edition)
Disasters have changed; their timing, frequency and destructive forces are increasing at an unprecedented rate. As such, FEMA’s disaster recovery process continues to evolve, resulting in legislative changes and disaster program changes. Keeping up with new disaster recovery legislation, policy, guidance and requirements can often be challenging for Recipients and Subrecipients.
EY Insurance & Federal Claims Services can help you measure, document and prepare complex property damage and business interruption insurance claims. Our team brings a scalable approach, objective analysis and fresh perspective to claims anywhere in the world.
What Insurance & Federal Claims Services can do for you
With decades of experience, we understand the risks corporations, governments, communities and non-profits, face, as well as the multiple funding options available to prepare for and recover from such impacts. With these funding sources comes a myriad of challenges that the EY team helps our clients navigate in order to recovery fully and comply with applicable rules and regulations.
The EY Insurance & Federal Claims Services team is comprised of forensic accountants, CPAs, former local, state and federal emergency management executives, inspector generals, and insurance adjusters who have spent their careers leading and supporting response and recovery to catastrophic disasters.
We bring deep industry and subject matter resources from our dedicated practice along with EY professionals across the US and globally to assist clients from small single events to large multi-national disasters.
We have successfully assisted in recovering over $35B in funding through commercial insurance and federal disaster programs for our clients and their communities. This includes working on virtually every major disaster over the past 20 years, from Hurricanes Maria, Irma, Harvey, Sandy and Katrina in the United States, the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan, flooding in Australia, to the devastating 2017 and 2018 wildfires in California along with dozens of other catastrophic events and standalone losses.
We guide clients in preparing for, responding to, and recovering from losses through the following services:
- Commercial insurance claims, including property damage, business interruption, extra expense, contingent time element, cyber, product recall, builder’s risk, special event and liability
- Federal disaster grant reimbursement for Recipients and Subrecipients including, financial documentation support, procurement assistance, risk assessments, strategic funding, grant formulation, mitigation applications, reporting, monitoring, closeout, appeals and audits
- We are well versed in all of the major US federal disaster grant programs including FEMA’s Public Assistance program, FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation Grant Program, Federal Highway Administration grants, HUD Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Disaster Recovery, CDBG Mitigation, USDE RESTART grants, FEMA’s Urban Areas Security Initiative
- Multinational disaster funding coordination assistance
- Pre-disaster mitigation, trainings & exercises
- Emergency Operations Center (EOC) activations support
We understand our client’s needs and leverage our knowledge gained from current and past disasters to assist our clients to strategically meet their financial goals, promote economy, efficiency and effectiveness and prevent fraud, waste & abuse.