1. A January 2021 Annual Homeless Assessment Report was not undertaken due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. The 2020 Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) to Congress, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Office of Community Planning and Development, huduser.gov, accessed October 2021.
3. Daniel Flaming, Anthony W. Orlando et al., “Locked Out: Unemployment and Homelessness in the Covid Economy,” Economic Roundtable, economicrt.org, January 11, 2021.
5. Joey Garrison and Michael Collins, “‘An epidemic in itself’: Why billions of federal aid isn’t making it to renters, landlords during pandemic,” USA Today, usatoday.com, August 15, 2021.
6. “Basic Facts About Homelessness: New York City,” New York Coalition for the Homeless, accessed November 2021.
7. “Despite increase in leisure travel, urban hotels still in a depression with overall U.S. hotel industry in a recession,” American Hotel & Lodging Association report, ahla.com, June 2021.
8. Andy Newman, “Eric Adams, N.Y.C.’s likely next mayor, wants to turn shuttered hotels into permanent housing for the homeless.” September 21, 2021; updated October 3, 2021.
9. Melanie Leis, Roberto Fernández Crespo et al., “Harnessing the power of data: can reality catch up with ambition?” from the Institute of Global Health Innovation (IGHI), Imperial College London, 2021.
10. Maidstone Borough Council case study, “How can we use data to prevent homelessness?” Ernst & Young Global Limited and Xantura data and analytics provider, 2021.