State, Local and Education
Agency transformation enabled by technology allows government to create an experience that meets residents’ and employees’ expectations. Our goal is to help state, local and education clients achieve their mission of efficiently serving the people. Our human-centric approach helps agencies improve operations and provide results.
What EY can do for you
In recent years, governments have been dealing with common challenges such as how to meet the increased expectations of their citizens, residents and employees; how to address inequality and its effects; and how to anticipate the ways in which technology will change our economies and the ability to create jobs.
Our Government & Public Sector team is organized by focus areas and ready to help you navigate this new focus.
The need for government agency transformation is a recurring theme in today’s fast-paced world. A successful transformation can be measured in terms of efficiency, people satisfaction and how services are delivered. For agencies, the goal is not to be the biggest and best, but rather to provide benefits to those in need.
We believe that governments can succeed by taking three steps:
- Gain more insight to better understand what is needed and expected of government and improve government service delivery to meet these expectations.
- Develop new strategies that enable, a more innovative and agile government and drive long-term improvements in resident and workforce experience
- Implement transformative, modern solutions that will make the government more effective and efficient
By following this path, state and local governments and higher education institutions can use this moment to address the big challenges and help create a world that works better.
From strategy to execution, we help our clients implement new and tested ideas to achieve results in key focus areas such as:
- Delivering transformation that is led by people, process and technology
- Improving the health and welfare of residents
- Boosting the performance of our education system to attract employers that offer quality job opportunities
- Protecting our nation and increasing public safety
- Positioning states, counties and cities for infrastructure demands in the short and long run
- Investing in the future by conﬁrming ﬁscally sound principles and budget management