State of Texas, Deliverables-Based IT Services (DBITS) DIR-CPO-4969
Ernst & Young US LLP offers deliverables-based information technology services (DBITS) through the contract outlined on this page.
Ernst & Young LLP offers deliverables-based information technology services (DBITS) through this contract, specifically:
- Technology Category 1: Application Development, Maintenance, and Support, Technology Upgrade, Migration, and Transformation; and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP); and
- Technology Category 3: IT Assessments, Planning, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), and Market Research, Procurement Advisory, and Contract Implementation Services.
This contract is for services only. No hardware or software products may be sold through a DBITS contract. Contracts may be used by state and local government, public education, other public entities in Texas, as well as public entities outside the state. Resellers are not available for this DBITS contract.
Application Development, Maintenance, and Support, Technology Upgrade, Migration, and Transformation; and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Application Development is the development of new applications which may be mainframe, server, network-based, web-based or a combination and may require interfaces to existing applications. Application Maintenance and Support includes troubleshooting, modifying, maintaining, improving security, and enhancing legacy systems and applications which may be running in a production environment.
Technology upgrade, migration, and transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology, either with or without new business functionality. It may also include introducing new technology into the enterprise and managing any changes as a result of the introduction.
Transformation may include assessments of the current application portfolio, evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and Business Case development for justification of an initiative. Part of the transformation journey may include planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services, and training support
Return on investment (ROI), benchmarks, and milestones may also be appropriate to include in a transformation initiative.
Agile methodology MAY be considered if requesting agency defines the sprint schedule, methodology, and governance which defines the process of developing, communicating, implementing, monitoring, and approving the project phases. Additional areas within scope include the following:
- Content accessibility compliance;
- Cloud transformation;
- Digital transformation;
- IT organizational transformation; and
- User acceptance testing.
ERP is an amalgamation of an organization’s information systems designed to automate and integrate a variety of functions, commonly referred to as “back office”, including financials, human resources and asset management. These systems are usually modularized and generally highly configurable. Business Process Reengineering (BPR), system or application changes, implementation, conversion services, and training are often included in an ERP initiative.
IT Assessments, Planning, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), and Market Research, Procurement Advisory, and Contract Implementation Services; this category includes, but is not limited to:
IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Assessment of staff knowledge, skills and abilities, bandwidth, time and motion studies, and succession planning are included in this category. Strategic planning development and tactical planning may require the provisioning of actionable plans and roadmaps. Organization change management, enterprise architecture, cloud assessments, and network performance assessments are within scope as well.
Also included in this category are the independent verification and validation procedures that are used together for in-depth analysis of a product, service, or system for compliance with requirements as well as the independent oversight of software (or systems) development life cycle (SDLC) processes and specifications.
Market Research, Procurement Advisory, and Contract Implementation Services activities may include requirements gathering, facilitation activities, scoring criteria development, evaluation criteria development, negotiation guidance and assistance, and contract transition assistance.
- Cost optimization including software license cost analysis;
- Financial planning and pricing structures;
- Market reviews/market research;
- Market engagement;
- Transition/implementation assistance; and
- IT contract management assistance.
Statement of Work (SOW)/Purchase Order Issuance
Ernst & Young US LLP welcomes the opportunity to do business with the State of Texas and other eligible customers through the Cooperative Contacts Program.
Please review the following process for executing a procurement from the DIR DBITS contract:
DIR Guidelines for obtaining quotes and placing Purchase Orders (DBITS – customer process for submitting SOWs)
- In order to be awarded a Purchase Order hereunder, Ernst & Young US LLP (Vendor) will respond, in writing, to a Statement of Work (SOW) for services as issued by Customers (State Agencies, Government Entity) consistent with the Terms and Conditions of this Contract.
- Vendor shall only respond to SOWs for Technology Categories which Vendor has been awarded in this Contract.
- Customer SOWs must be complete, signed by an authorized representative of Customer and must be in the form contained in Appendix C of the DBITS contract.
- Vendor understands that no work under any SOW issued by Customer shall commence until receipt of Purchase Order.
- Customers purchasing services under the DIR DBITS contract shall negotiate pricing directly with the Vendor in accordance with the Customer's Statement of Work.
- Customers may negotiate the terms and conditions of an SOW to suit their business needs, so long as the SOW terms and conditions do not conflict with or weaken the terms of the DIR DBITS contract. Vendor shall perform its work in compliance with the DIR DBITS contract and the agreed-upon Statement of Work with Customer.
For more information on the DIR program, please visit the DIR Cooperative Contracts program website.
Ernst & Young US LLP Contract Number: DIR-TSO-4969
How to order:
- For product and pricing information, visit the Ernst & Young US LLP website or contact Jodie Wedge at Jodie.firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-334-3437.
- Generate a Purchase Order made payable to Ernst & Young US LLP, and you must reference DIR Contract Number DIR-TSO-4969 on your Purchase Order.
- Email or fax your Purchase Order and quote form to your designated vendor sales representative.
- SOW Instructions