State of Texas, Deliverables-Based IT Services (DBITS) DIR-TSO-4118
Ernst & Young US LLP offers deliverables-based information technology services (DBITS) through the contract outlined on this page.
Ernst & Young US LLP offers deliverables-based information technology services (DBITS) through this contract, specifically: IT assessments/planning, technology migration/upgrade, independent verification/validation, and IT procurement assistance. This contract is for services only. No hardware or software products may be sold through a DBITS contract. Contracts may be used by state and local government, public education, other public entities in Texas, as well as public entities outside the state. Resellers are not available for this DBITS contract.
No hardware or software products and related services may be sold through this contract. Any products needed to deliver final services must be procured through another contract vehicle. Examples of these products include: Software as a Service (SaaS), subscriptions, annual license maintenance and support, and web hosting.
Technology Upgrade/Migration and Transformation
Definition: Technology Upgrade/Migration may be required to increase business functionality, reengineer a business function, keep current with vendor upgrades or when upgrading existing technology. Technology Transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology either with or without new business functionality or it may include introducing new technology into the enterprise. Technology Upgrade/Migration may also include providing website content accessibility compliance.
Examples of included services: assessments of the current application portfolio, evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and Business Case development for justification of an initiative. Also included are: technology transformations, which may include appropriate Return on Investment (ROI), benchmarks and milestones. The following activities may also be included: planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services, and training support.
Information Technology Assessments and Planning
Definition: IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, project management and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Tactical planning may require that actionable plans and roadmaps be provided.
Examples of included services: IT assessments, including enterprise architecture and cloud assessments; staff knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) assessments; bandwidth assessments, network performance and strategic and tactical planning.
Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
Definition: Verification and Validation are independent procedures that are used together for in-depth analysis by checking that a product, service, or system meets requirements, independent oversight of systems development life cycle (SDLC) processes and specifications and that it fulfills its intended purpose.
Examples of included services: Validation of software design to meet system needs/requirements; traceability of safety critical requirements; design analysis of selected critical algorithms; and code analysis of mission-critical software components and the independent oversight and assessment of SDLC processes (such as issue and risk management, requirements analysis, testing, data conversion, etc.)
Statement of Work (SOW)/Purchase Order Issuance
Ernst & Young US LLP welcomes the opportunity to do business with the State of Texas and other eligible customers through the Cooperative Contacts Program.
Please review the following process for executing a procurement from the DIR DBITS contract:
DIR Guidelines for obtaining quotes and placing Purchase Orders (DBITS – customer process for submitting SOWs)
- In order to be awarded a Purchase Order hereunder, Ernst & Young US LLP (Vendor) will respond, in writing, to a Statement of Work (SOW) for services as issued by Customers (State Agencies, Government Entity) consistent with the Terms and Conditions of this Contract.
- Vendor shall only respond to SOWs for Technology Categories which Vendor has been awarded in this Contract.
- Customer SOWs must be complete, signed by an authorized representative of Customer and must be in the form contained in Appendix C of the DBITS contract.
- Vendor understands that no work under any SOW issued by Customer shall commence until receipt of Purchase Order.
- Customers purchasing services under the DIR DBITS contract shall negotiate pricing directly with the Vendor in accordance with the Customer's Statement of Work.
- Customers may negotiate the terms and conditions of an SOW to suit their business needs, so long as the SOW terms and conditions do not conflict with or weaken the terms of the DIR DBITS contract. Vendor shall perform its work in compliance with the DIR DBITS contract and the agreed-upon Statement of Work with Customer.
For more information on the DIR program, please visit the DIR Cooperative Contracts program website.
Ernst & Young US LLP Contract Number: DIR-TSO-4118
How to order:
- For product and pricing information, visit the Ernst & Young US LLP website or contact Jodie Wedge at Jodie.firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-334-3437.
- Generate a Purchase Order made payable to Ernst & Young US LLP, and you must reference DIR Contract Number DIR-TSO-4118 on your Purchase Order.
- Email or fax your Purchase Order and quote form to your designated vendor sales representative.