Data and cyber law
Digitalization is transforming the relationships between businesses, individuals and governments. It requires businesses to be on guard against regulatory penalties and reputation risk — and to do so at the rapid pace that digital enables.
What EY can do for you
The digital economy is data-driven. Violations of regulations may result in reputational damage and huge fines in areas like cloud computing, the internet of things, social media and big data analytics.
Compliant privacy practices are a vital element of corporate governance and accountability. The concern about negative publicity is a key driver for organizations’ efforts to facilitate data protection compliance.
Our global network of legal and IT security professionals, covering more than 80 jurisdictions, gives us the opportunity to cover data protection and cybersecurity issues around the world, including the following:
- Compliant “big data” projects
- Compliance with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation
- Privacy impact assessments
- Compliance in social media use
- Cybersecurity breach management
- Data security policies and implementation
- Privacy by design in digital product development
- Cloud computing compliance
- Data protection in mobile apps
- Frameworks for international data transfers
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.