Finalists join ranks of exceptional entrepreneurs in Los Angeles and beyond
EY today announced the finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2019 Award in the Greater Los Angeles region. Widely considered one of the most prestigious business awards programs in the US, the program recognizes entrepreneurs and leaders of high-growth companies who are excelling in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities, while also transforming our world.
Now in its 33rd year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities and more than 60 countries throughout the world.
This year’s finalists were selected by a a panel of independent judges, composed of local business luminaries, previous award winners and leading CEOs. Award winners will be announced at a special black-tie awards gala on Thursday, June 20, 2019 at The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, hosted by Fox 11 news anchor, Christine Devine.
To learn more about the Greater Los Angeles program, please visit www.ey.com/us/eoy/greaterla. Join the conversation on social media by following us @EY_EOYUS and using #EOYGLA.
The 2019 Greater Los Angeles finalists are:
- Appetize Technologies, Inc. | Kevin Anderson, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Jason Pratts, Co-Founder and COO and Max Roper, Co-Founder and CEO | Los Angeles, CA
- Appreciation Financial | Terry Kennedy, President and CEO | Henderson, NV
- AuditBoard, Inc. | Daniel Kim, CEO and Jay Lee, President | Cerritos, CA
- Beyond Yoga | Jodi Guber Brufsky, Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer and Michelle Wahler, Co-Founder and CEO | Culver City, CA
- BFTV LLC / First Media | Guy Oranim, Co-Founder and CEO and Sharon Rechter, Co-Founder and President | Los Angeles, CA
- BURST Oral Care | Hamish Khayat, CEO and Co-Founder and Brittany Stewart, COO and Co-Founder | Venice, CA
- FabFitFun | Daniel Broukhim, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Michael Broukhim, Co-Founder and Co-CEO and Katie Kitchens, Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief | Los Angeles, CA
- Fandango | Paul Yanover, President | Beverly Hills, CA
- FloQast | Mike Whitmire, Co-Founder and CEO | Sherman Oaks, CA
- Hawthorne Direct, LLC | Jessica Hawthorne-Castro, Chairman and CEO | Los Angeles, CA
- Health-Ade Kombucha LLC | Vanessa Dew, Co-Founder and Chief Sales Officer, Daina Trout, Co-Founder and CEO, and Justin Trout, Co-Founder and COO | Torrance, CA
- Honey | Ryan Hudson, Co-Founder and George Ruan, Co-Founder and CEO | Los Angeles, CA
- Jukin Media | Jonathan Skogmo, Founder and CEO | Los Angeles, CA
- Mission | Simon Anderson, Founder and CEO | El Segundo, CA
- Omaze | Matt Pohlson, Co-Founder and CEO | Los Angeles, CA
- Ovation Fertility | Nate Snyder, Co-Founder and CEO | Encino, CA
- pocket.watch | Chris M. Williams, Founder and CEO | Culver City, CA
- PrettyLitter | Daniel Rotman, Founder and CEO | Los Angeles, CA
- Slickdeals, LLC | Josh Meyers, CEO | Hollywood, CA
- THE THIRD FLOOR, Inc. | Chris Edwards, Founder and CEO | Los Angeles, CA
- TruAmerica Multifamily, LLC | Robert Hart, CEO and President | Los Angeles, CA
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the Entrepreneur Of The Year National competition. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 16, 2019. The awards are the culminating event of the Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award in Monaco in June 2020.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP America and the Kauffman Foundation. In Greater Los Angeles, local sponsors include Platinum sponsor: Marsh; Gold sponsor: Tangram; Silver sponsors: Ballard Spahr LLP, Boston Private Bank, and Cresa; Media sponsor: C‑Suite Media; and PR sponsor: Olmstead Williams Communications.
About Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Entrepreneur Of The Year® is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for entrepreneurs. The program makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global awards program of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries. Please visit ey.com/eoy.
About EY’s Growth Markets Network
EY’s worldwide Growth Markets Network is dedicated to serving the changing needs of high-growth companies. For more than 30 years, we’ve helped many of the world’s most dynamic and ambitious companies grow into market leaders. Whether working with international mid-cap companies or early stage, venture-backed businesses, our professionals draw upon their extensive experience, insight and global resources to help your business succeed. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/gm or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation is available via ey.com/privacy. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a member of the global EY organization that provides services to clients in the US.