Finalists join ranks of exceptional entrepreneurs in Northern California and beyond
EY today announced the finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2019 Award in the Northern California region. Widely considered one of the most prestigious business awards programs in the US, the program recognizes entrepreneurs and leaders of high-growth companies who are excelling in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities, while also transforming our world.
Now in its 33rd year, the program recognizes exceptional business leaders in more than 145 cities and over 60 countries.
This year’s finalists were selected by a panel of independent judges, comprising local business luminaries, previous award winners and leading CEOs. Award winners will be announced at a special black-tie gala on Friday, June 21, at the Fairmont San Jose, hosted by Scott McGrew, host of NBC’s Press: Here.
The 2019 finalists are:
- Eric Poirier, CEO | Addepar
- Mihir Shukla, CEO | Automation Anywhere, Inc.
- Eyal Lifshitz, Co-founder and CEO | BlueVine
- Henrique Dubugras, Co-founder and CEO | Brex
- Pedro Franceschi, Co-founder and COO | Brex
- Joseph DeSimone, Co-founder and CEO | Carbon, Inc.
- Arturo Lomeli, Founder and CEO | Clase Azul Spirits
- Juan Sanchez, President | Clase Azul Spirits
- Matt Cain, President and CEO | Couchbase
- Craig Walker, Founder and CEO | Dialpad
- Jaspreet Singh, Founder and CEO | Druva
- Bentley Hall, CEO | Good Eggs, Inc.
- Amy Norman, Co-founder and Co-CEO | Little Passports
- Stella Ma, Co-founder and Co-CEO | Little Passports
- Frank Fischer, CEO | NeuroPace, Inc.
- Amir Rubin, President and CEO | One Medical
- Jon Coss, CEO and Founder | Pondera Solutions, LLC
- Jason Johnson, CEO | Quick Quack Car Wash
- Tim Wright, President | Quick Quack Car Wash
- Stephen Hawthornthwaite, Co-founder andCEO | Rothy’s, Inc.
- Ralph Clark, President and CEO | ShotSpotter
- Doug Merritt, President and CEO | Splunk Inc.
- David Spector, Co-founder and Co-CEO | ThirdLove
- Heidi Zak, Co-founder and Co-CEO | ThirdLove
- Stephane Kasriel, President & CEO | Upwork Inc.
- Joel Flory, Co-founder and CEO | VSCO
- Andrew Filev, Founder and CEO | Wrike
- Bobby Beaver, Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer | Zazzle
- Jeff Beaver, Co-founder and Chief Product Officer | Zazzle
- Robert Beaver, Co-founder and CEO | Zazzle
To learn more about the Northern California program, please visit www.ey.com/us/eoy/norcal. Join us in congratulating this year’s winners on social media by following us @EY_EOYUS and using #EOYNorCal.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 16, 2019. The awards are the culminating event of the Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award in Monaco in June 2020.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In Northern California, local sponsors include SolomonEdwards and Woodruff Sawyer.
About Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Entrepreneur Of The Year®, founded by EY, is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for entrepreneurs. The program makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global awards program of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities and more than 60 countries. ey.com/eoy
About EY’s Growth Markets Network
EY’s worldwide Growth Markets Network is dedicated to serving the changing needs of high-growth companies. For more than 30 years, we’ve helped many of the world’s most dynamic and ambitious companies grow into market leaders. Whether working with international, mid-cap companies or early stage, venture-backed businesses, our professionals draw upon their extensive experience, insight and global resources to help your business succeed. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/gm or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation is available via ey.com/privacy. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a member of the global EY organization that provides services to clients in the US.
For more information, please visit ey.com.